CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
So what's your best guess? Should we give it a try? Just checked weathr.com and they are saying only 30% chance of showers all day. Will you be able to ride?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Just checked weather and it looks like we should be able to get out this weekend. I'm going to try and setup rides for my mom to visit with sister so that I can get there to ride Saturday. This will be a ride in some known areas as well as new stuff to most of you and we will be stopping to cut down the scarry stuff. I don't want to have anyone else experience what happened to me on the last ride. Bring your folding saws if you have one.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Got rid of the Skid in the back of my van and even got a few bucks to drop it off. Still did not fix the fork seal but I figure If I just top off the oil it will help kill the weeds off the tail as it leaks out so the dandelions don't get to big to poke CRF guy off his bike.
I like to ride with a Machete anyway so I'm good. Just need to touch up the blades on the grinder as they get quite worn around here this time of year.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Yeah I got rid of some scrap around the shop the other day and can't believe what they are paying right now for it. An E150 van brought 757.00 at the scales, Ford Explorer about the same. These were total junk and I couldn't have got that for them running. Nows the time to cash in on scrap metal before it goes back down.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
RORR Broad Mtn Enduro

I might race this weekend we'll see what happens with my sister. If any of you are interested go to rorr.org and check it out. Last year it was on the other side of 61 and I would imagine they will do that again. I haven't riden the event in a couple of years but they do host a great race. You also can choose to ride it as a dualsport event at the back of the pack.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Does that require AMA? My neighbor said the trail is going by his place up near the 901 pub and he was just going to crash the ride.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Yeah great way to make new friends. As permit holders for RAC we don't have to crash the ride there is actually no way they can stop us. But that would just be wrong and I would never encurage that.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Oh yeah yes to AMA and if you're going to race you need an ECEA card as well. There is no charge for it and you can take the test online or there for your C card which is where everyone starts.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'm not quite ready for an Enduro on Sunday... but I'm in for riding Saturday.
Do you guys want to the Shotgun Enduro on June 19th? I'm definitely interested in that one... think it'd be an alright one to try for my first?
what do I have to get, just a roll chart holder and a clock? or one of those fancy computers?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
RAC 5/28 11am ready to ride

Sorry guys for the last minuet thing but that's just how it is for me these days with everything going on.

It's on for tomorrow who's coming? Right now it looks like Brad, John, Steve, Andrew, me, Buddy, Dror. Darrell you coming out to play? How about you little Jason, get that fork seal fixed? Anyone hear from Derick? I called his cell phone and left a message but no call back as yet.

11am ready to ride Berma Rd.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Andrew you need an AMA card go to their website and also an ECEA.org card. Go to their website and take the test it's multiple choice and you get it graded when you show up for the event but don't worry they give you the answers if you get them wrong and you get a C card which is where everyone starts. As you aquire points you move up in rank and more importantly starting position on the rows. C riders are the last let out of the gate so you're riding everyone elses ruts. A roll chart and some sort of timing device is all that is needed. I think you would have a great time with it! Talk to Buddy and Dror this weekend I know they will be racing and do very well at it. You can also ride many of these events as a dualsport at the very back of the pack. Great way to see how tough the course is without getting in anyones way.

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
CRFGuy said:
It's on for tomorrow who's coming? Right now it looks like Brad, John, Steve, Andrew, me, Buddy, Dror. Darrell you coming out to play? How about you little Jason, get that fork seal fixed? Anyone hear from Derick? I called his cell phone and left a message but no call back as yet.

11am ready to ride Berma Rd.

Didn't know anyone was riding RAC tomorrow. I will be there with one buddy, we're riding at 9 though. But if we manage to hook up, any problem tagging along with you guys. You folks have ridden there much more than me so probably know more trail.

I can't tell you what to look for to find me though. I don't know if I'm riding my bike in or trailering in. (I camp about 6 miles away and somtimes just ride over the the property and enter from the New Philadelphia side and ride across to the Burma Rd parking lot.
I ride a DRZ and tow it with a blue Chrysler minivan.
Buddy has a KTM towed by and explorer I believe.

Nick

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ordered the seals Monday but still not in. If they come in today I might get it together but I doubt it.
Oh yeah, QUIT CALLING ME AT 8 AM! I was up till 2:30 last night working on a server partition.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Whew, Great ride today! The weather was hot and so was the pace. Everyone rode very well and FAST. I scrambled last night to get the fork seal replaced. It came in at 3 PM. The front end took a bit of dialing with the new oil. Glad I only changed 1 out and not both! I'm whooped and I think everyone else but Steve was too until he got knocked a bit loopy on the way back in when he tried to bunny hop out of the low side of a wash out to make a pass. I was so inspired by his gusto on that line I followed him! Hope you get your senses back bud, you road very well and fast and I was impressed with your corner speed, skills and some very creative lines! Brad rode very fast today ON THE FRONT! and did not run into the back of me so that's great. I think we are going to take it to another level this year! I was getting hand and arm cramps latter in the day when I turned up the pace so I need a bit more fitness and getting use to the heat but what a great way to get in Shape! Andrew was riding very fast and I was shocked at one point when he lead the pack out on some single track and I did not see him the whole long trail! Turns out he took an odd line and it led into some gorge and we passed him and never saw him. Man I was pouring it all out trying to catch up to him too and I was like, how fast is he going! Still it took all I had to reel Brad back in on a very long section! Hey, that's part of being the front rider, Gordon knows that well and got reminded again when we were on single track with tight twist and turns down hill to find a tree knocked across the trail. Not so bad but the trail was about 3 feet cut into the ground so it was a big pile up brake check, again, with Brad behind me, Im glad his brake control is much better this year! We decided to go back and remove the dangerous dead wood.
Great ride guys! That's what it's all about!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Steve's knee

Would you believe that after all the falls he's taken some of which were really bad. He was in bed twisted the wrong way and tore his meniscus in his left knee. He's having surgery this morning to clean it up.
Hope he does well and recovers fast so as not to miss the whole season.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Holy crap. I've dislocated my knee cap in bed before, that's some painful stuff. I guess mine could have been torn, but who knows, never went to get it checked. Tell him to heal up quick.

Top Bottom