firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Ok so Sunday was my first "real" trail ride after surgery and I wore the braces of course. I've been to a mx track a couple times and done some open desert riding but this was my first time back in the woods. I only crashed once but had a couple stupid low-speed tip-overs, and my right knee definitely took a blow and would have been swollen and nasty today if I hadn't had braces. My left knee DOESN'T HURT AT ALL. I'm shocked. Even though I'm still adjusting to the extra weight/bulk there and find it hard to shift and use the rear brake, it's worth it.

Just my thoughts.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I meant to ask you about those yesterday. I been looking into getting some knee braces for awhile but have been a little leary about spending that much cash( but then again the cost of fixing knees is alot worse). How comfortable are they?

Roughrider

Feb 27, 2002
I had my first race with my asterisk on yesterday and could not tell I had them on. Could tell that they saved my ACL less knee on one occasion.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
They are very comfortable. They don't have velcro straps, they have a neoprene piece that cups the back of your leg so there's no straps to irritate. I had pinch bruises, blisters and raw places from my EVS even through shorts/socks. Other than the bulk--which any brace will have--they don't bother me at all. And comparitively, they're not that expensive for what they are. But they're not for everyone--the guys at work all hated them.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I've grown to love mine.
I had a stretched, not torn, ACL before I started wearing any braces and it cost me $1,500.00 US. Braces are cheap.

Glad to see you are back in the saddle, FC! :D

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thank you, and I'm glad to be back. I enjoyed the stiff soreness on Monday--it means I got to go out riding!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...I've got two words for you, FC.....VI OXX :)

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
I agree guys,
the Astericks are very comfortable and you really forget you are wearing them, the only thing I found is your ability to "clamp" the motorcycle a bit is reduced. Anybody know if the new modifications/rework are complete for the Astericks?

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I didn't know there were any "upgrades" on the way. I am waiting for a new sprocket to come in then I was going to the shop to get mine.

Billywho? any truth to this?

Rod

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
We've made several changes in the last 6 months to add more comfort to them, and we are in the process of one last mod. which won't be done for a bit yet. If you order them direct you are assured the lastest set up, since the shop may have ordered theirs a while back, or you can have them put an order in right then for yours to make sure you have the latest.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
LOL!! The dent stays for while too doesn't it. That is normal, looks weird when you take 'em off, but at least in my case and others I know, isn't a pain thing. Billy mentioned that pressing your thump in the same place for a few minutes will do the same thing.

Gripping the bike is better for me with the braces... no more bruises on the inside of my knees. It's just a matter of getting used to the feel.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Roughrider, that is called adiema something or other, any prolonged pressure there will cause the same result. I'm sure someone else has a better explenation for you, sorry. But no, they are not too tight, unless they feel like there cutting the circulation off your probably fine.

Hey Okie, I never mentioned anything about pressing anyones "thump" anywhere Mister LOL!

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by billywho
we are in the process of one last mod. which won't be done for a bit yet.

Any "ballpark" on when? Like weeks, months or longer?

Any chance of "upgrading" to the new units for a nominal charge should I choose to get my braces soon?

Any way of telling how old the units are at my dealer?

Rod

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
It better be done in the next couple months lol, it would be really hard to tell with the untrained eye, but you could call Brad at 1-800-459-2999 X206 and have him look your dealer up and see when he last shipped to them. I'm pretty sure most all the dealers are up to date, the main thing your looking for on the new ones is the "V'ed" out lower shin cuff/hyper pad piece for your tibia crest. I don't want to under cut your dealer, but to be 100% sure, get them direct if Brad is not sure either. Worst case, if you get them now from the dealer, when we finish everything, I'll take care of yours for you...no worries!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom