simmeth

Jul 18, 2008
Hmmmm.... sounds tempting. I haven't ridden with anyone on this site yet but would like to. Lost trails is just over 2 hours from me but I still need some gear... boots at least. Not to mention my bike needs new fork seals :-(
What difficulty trails do you guys plan on taking?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
They don't have anything extremely difficult. I'm looking forward to a nice easy ride.

What size boots do you need? I have a used pair of Tech 8's.

simmeth

Jul 18, 2008
For shoe size i'm between 11 and 12 depending on the brand. Haven't even taken the time to try on boots.. money was tight for a little while with my cars constantly blowing up on me. But that worked out since I got a pickup now and can haul my bike. Plus the money situation is getting better, i'll be able to pick up a pair of boots just before the season is over.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Are you sure your wife will let you out to ride this time Dave?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Might work for me if there's enough interest, I'd like to see the place and some old friends but right now I'll leave myself open for RAC. Dave, Dan if you want to join us at RAC one day PM me and I'll let you know how we can work that.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'm up for the Lost Trails ride, haven't been there in a while, and I might be able to get a couple guys to come... how are the trails lately? Last I was there they were all rutted out from alot of rain and alot of people riding in the mud. Did they cut anymore single track sections? Hopefully Gordon and the gang will check it out as well.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I might be bringing one extra person too.

I'm not sure of the trail conditions. Rutted, washed out, mud doesn't bother me...just more of a challenge :) Dan should be able to fill us in once he gets back from Southwick.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I don't know when you were there last, but the trails havent changed much, some are rutted, some are rocky, some are smooth, a few trails have been closed, but many more have opened.

As for single track, again, I dont know when you were there last, I did cut a new section this past spring, and marked another section which hasnt been cut yet for the adventurous few who want to tackle it. Lots of rock on the uncut single track, and all covered with low brush to hide it until you hit for that added excitement. It will be cut this fall, as well as another section of single track which I havent mapped out yet.

You won't be able to compare the single track to what you guys ride at RAC since Lost Trails is much more limited to space. Its just a few miles of trail I cut for those who want to get off the ATV trails for a little bit.

Click here to see a current map of Lost Trails

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
There are definitely more trails since the last time I was there. Maybe we can help you ride in the new stuff!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
flyingfuzzball said:
I would love to but last time i took the bike I almost didnt make it back...

I am just having all sorts of bike problems!
You still have all week to get the bike running :nod:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dan, Where is the best place to meet? I only remember the lot on the left after the sign in trailer.

We might even have 8 people! Let's get a tally going..I will be there with maybe one extra.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Here's the best I can figure out. I count at least 10 if all here can make it:

simmeth (did ya get some boots?)
Gordon
Jason
fireman + 1-2
Trigger
Dan
flyingfuzzball (if he can get the stick out of his carb)
Me +1

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Lets see how many we have, then we can pick a spot to meet. If we have enough for the discount, its probably best to meet at one of the gas stations and all head in together. If we dont have enough, we can meet at the park.

I haven't heard back from Nate yet, I did email him with the date change to see if he could make it.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
If flyingfuzzball makes it, I believe it would be him and his dad. And what about Chucke, is he up for this ride?

Top Bottom