CR REV

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
Just because the linkage has grease fitings doesn't mean they have ever been used! My problem is after disassembly of the linkage all the bearings are rusted and fused to the linkage. I have tried soaking in solvent and pounding them out with a hammer and driver; next, I heated up the linkage and tried the hammer routine, no luck. Any other suggestions? Is it time to go to the machine shop and have the bearings pressed out?

Thanks for all your help.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Probably the best thing yes. Maybe they can press the new ones too ypou dont reall want to hammer them in either . Shouldnt cost much at a reasonable shop or machine shop. GOOD LUCK

Nov 11, 2001
i have found that if the little ball bearings or rollerbearings are out and it is just the outer race of the bearing you are trying to get out you can lay a small bead of weld on the inside of the outer race, because the weld is so hot when it cools it shrinks the race and it should just fall out, it worked wonders on my swingarm bearings and a friends wheelbearings

ps this only works if only the outer race is left, and be very very careful

Ben

kbob

Nov 27, 2001
Here is what I do. I get a washer close to the size of the bearing but will fit in the linkage and a socket that the bearing will fit into and a bolt long enough to fit across the bearing and socket. Put the washer on the bolt run it through the bearing than through the socket put a nut on it an draw it out.

CR REV

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
The bolt and washers worked great. I was able to remove all the bearings from the swingarm and linkage. Thanks again.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom