jak525

Jan 19, 2004
Thanks for the pictures. I had planned on driving up there tomorrow morning but it looks like you saved me some gas money. How is the road driving up to the staging area, did you need 4x4? How hard was it to get to the top of the mountains.What about the sand washes, are they still un rideable? The weather says 40's all next week, it should melt some of it.

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
The access road is much better but gets sloppy just before the staging area. It's still pure snow after the staging area, and I even rode on it for a while looking for open trails.

Really, I just couldn't get to any of the trails I wanted to check out without crossing a bunch of snow. We've still got a week of melting to improve things.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I have ridden moonrocks HEAVILY for 6 years. Even with the temps we have currently the north side of large whoops will have anywhere from 6-12" of snow. I am sorry that the news is not better. The temps are heading to the low 50's (49 today).

Good weather or bad I am out due to my knee and my Dad's health. Hope to see you all next year.

Last edited:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Strick said:
.....Good weather or bad I am out due to my knee and my Dad's health. Hope to see you all next year.

Strick, thanks for all your help this year .... despite your personal challenges. It has been noted and appreciated.

Please just focus on your personal needs and life and we'll all look forward to riding with you in 2006.

Sincerely, - RandyB

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
Thanks!

Strick,
Thanks for all that you have done in your efforts to make this ride a continued success.
I know that everyone here appreciates your help and wishes you the very best in these trying times with your fathers health, as well as in healing your knee.
Enjoy the time with your family and get well soon!
We look forward to riding with you again in 2006.
Sincerely,
Kent & Angela

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts guys/gals. The knee is slowly getting better (I'm in therapy now). I even rode my street bike to get some fresh gas in it today. I could only put my heal on the right side footpeg though (can't bend much beyond 90 degrees).

My Father's condition has at least now been diagnosed - pancreatic cancer. He is 88 years old. He has been given 6 weeks to 6 months. The nursing home doctor said "anytime." I thought I was ready for this, but yesterday it hit me.

I hope this non event year doesn't end the spodefest. I hope to see everyone in 2006 (or sooner).

Bronco

Jan 8, 2005
Hi; Just got in from Moonrocks. Rode for 6.5 hrs went only 20m. Lots of snow yet. The main valley to the west that then heads N is covered in snow. To much to go out & see how deep. We headed up to the top right away & found big drifts up there. We were forced to drop down on the west slope, but had to stay off the valley floor due to the depth.Was continually crossing drifts on down hillside of the drainages as we headed N.Coming back was a real bear. there were 5 really tired guys when we finally made it back to staging area. Gona sleep well tonite. It was sunny & beautiful & melting But theres alot of white stuff yet. See yah next yr. Patrick

Bronco

Jan 8, 2005
Just got back in from Moonrocks. Lots of snow, 6.5 hrs & went 20m. is all . Pushed, paddled , & constantly picking ride back up from hooking brush & falling in snow holes from cross/countrying it to get back out. Went way on top & white stuff forced us back down. Valley floor is way deep yet. It was on heck of a work out. See yall next yr. Patrick

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Bronco said:
Just got back in from Moonrocks. Lots of snow, 6.5 hrs & went 20m. is all . Pushed, paddled , & constantly picking ride back up from hooking brush & falling in snow holes from cross/countrying it to get back out. Went way on top & white stuff forced us back down. Valley floor is way deep yet. It was on heck of a work out. See yall next yr. Patrick

Thanks for the update, Patrick....
Makes me feel a little better about cancelling -- still sad -- but know it was the right decision.

See you in 2006! - RandyB

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
E-Ticket said:
Thanks for the update, Patrick....
Makes me feel a little better about cancelling -- still sad -- but know it was the right decision.

See you in 2006! - RandyB
Ditto on that
Thanks Patrick

Top Bottom