scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I am just getting into Enduros up here in Canada and I like them a lot better than Hare Scrambles. The problem is that we dont have another Enduro until Sept up here. We run Brand X rules also. Is there any enduros coming up in NY or anywhere that uses these rules. I have never ran AMA rules before. I understand they are a lot trickier. That rules me out for sure. I dont mind making a weekend out of it if the course is good. An 8 hr drive doesnt really bother me. THANKS!

Deeler

Feb 19, 2000
Don't rule out AMA rules enduro's without giving one a try. Many years ago OCMC ran their club enduro on AMA rules, it was quite easy to adapt.
You ride the same minute all day - no re-setting your clock each time you lose time. After each long trail section there was a reset to get you back on time (or close to it).
That's a very simplistic overview, perhaps someone with more experience than one event can comment.

Dave

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
There's only two enduros in NY, Speedsville and Wayne County. Both of these use AMA rules. The only place you'll find Brand X rules is NETRA. Most of these enduros are in MA and CT. I wouldn't worry about Brand X vs. AMA rules. I started rididng Brand X enduros last year and the differences are very minor.

Last year I rode the Speedsville Enduro and the club did an excellent job with the resets. I rode terrible all day and was always running late. Unfortunately the resets kept putting me back on time. If I'd ridden off my watch rather than my computer I wouldn't have burned two checks. :eek:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Speedsville is August 18th. Don't remember when Wayne County is, but you can find the info at:

http://www.wnyoa.net

PM me as the Speedsville date gets closer and we can get on the same minute.

yz250racer

Mar 28, 2001
scott
netra has 2 enduros (both brand x) coming up. 5/26 and 6/2. the first in MA the 2nd in CT. goto netra.org for the rest of the schedule.

Top Bottom