Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
I have a pair of FLY 805 Racing Boots that I am not happy with. I am looking for a good boot for the money. The first boot that comes into mind is the Tech 8 but I know there are many other good boots on the market that I dont know about. I have just purchased an '05 CRF250R and I need an aggressive race boot that will help me ride to the best of my ability. I am looking for something with thin ends so I can make shifts easily. Any information would be very much appreciated.

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
I like my new fox forma pro's-they fit great right out of the box. I've only worn them about 10 rides,so I don't know how well they will stand up in the long haul.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
My first set of Tech 8s lasted about 9 months with very little riding (exams etc. on), the soles wore right through. I put on a new set of inserts following the instructions to the t. These lasted two rides before coming off. Alpine Stars kindly replaced the boots. The soles are now worn through on them - 9 rides is all I got :(. A friend of mine got Tech 8s around the same time and has had the same thing. Alpine Stars repalced the soles on his a few months back, they're now shot as well.
The Tech 5s went on forever (my brother has had a set for 5-6 years, I've had a set of Tech 6s and two sets of Tech 8s in that time!), the Tech 6s didn't last as long as the 5s but much longer then the 8s. Think I'll be going with Senior's KX's suggestion of Gaernes, couldn't stomach the outlay for Tech 10s knowing they might last less time then a piston ring :P...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I love my Tech 8's but they are the old style so maybe that's why they are holding up better? I got my son a pair of Forma Pro's and they are very nice as well, can't say how long they last as they just showed up under the tree about a week ago.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I love my Tech 8's and know two people with older Tech 4's that they have had since high school, the boots are 8 years old and they love them.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I love my Tech 8's as well. They are a bit heavy, though. Have had them about 2 years and hold up pretty well. Very comfy!

Toothmech

Oct 21, 2004
I was looking in the price range of Tech 8's and Oxtar Comp boots, tried them both on, but neither one impressed me enough to fork over the $300. Then I stumbled on to a pair of Oneal Hardware boots (04's). Picked them up on closeout for about $180 at a local shop. They are much more comfortable than either the Tech 8's or the Oxtars in my opinion. Been riding with them for about 6 months now, and am really happy with them. Highly reccommend them to anyone. So happy with the boots, I went with all Oneal gear this year, including the new 905 Threat helmet (awesome).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom