Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
From the UP Sandstormers:

Sept 22-23, 2012. Follow arrows from corner of Co Rd 480 and Co Rd 553 to the staging area.

$20 first family member, $10 ea additional family member. Includes Sat nite burger and brat dinner. Primitive camping, NO campfires allowed!

<96 Db sound, spark arrestors and MI ORV sticker MANDATORY.

9am-ish riders meeting, trail riding begins at 10am, trailheads close about 5pm (to give us time to sweep the trails). Sunday will be a shorter day.

Approx 90 miles of marked trail with various degrees of difficulty. Easy and fun trails, trails with some obstacles (moon rocks), and challenging rocky trails. Will have clubmembers riding to guide groups that might wish to go with someone that knows the trails. Will also have "special" guided groups to ride the advanced and most technical trails (which will not be arrowed).

VERY IMPORTANT: This is private land which we are very fortunate to be able to access. The landowner has very specific requirements which we must abide by, or we risk losing this riding area. It is paramount that NO maps, GPS tracks, etc may be made of the trails and area. We will not allow anyone to use or ride with a GPS. If you cannot abide by this rule, please stay home.

:cool:

Last edited:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Don't miss this ride folks. The Sandstormers go all out for this.

Last year the Sandstormers had 4 arrowed loops that started and stopped in the same place plus guided rides to the more difficult terrain [read: The Mountain | Wee Wee Hills | etc.]. FES riders | Trail riders | "C" "B" "A" "AA" riders will have an abundance of trail to choose from that will suite them. Marquette has it all!

Rumor has it that many more people are headed North for the ride this year after hearing the rave reviews of last years - Inaugural TrailFest.

Does anyone know if DB is planning on riding?

kraemerf

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 13, 2011
I hear ya. I rode another 150 miles after I broke it. DOH! Went to the doc yesterday and found out it was broke. Going to foot doctor tomorrow. Hoping to still make Muddobbers....

If I miss it, I might need one of those special swingarm stickers from your dad's bike. :laugh:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
I thought you wanted a 3' x 5' flag. Or was that Marsh?

3 wks and change is not much time for a break, especially for an old guy like you. :nener:

kraemerf

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 13, 2011
That was Marsh.

Seeing another doc today at 11am. We'll see. My buddy Bob, Beltbuckle, you and I are all on the same row for Muddobbers. Bummer if I can't ride....

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
salgeek said:
Does anyone know if DB is planning on riding?

Not sure what you are asking, but some guy with 8x on his number plate keeps yapping about wanting to ride the "gnarly stuff" on Saturday. :yikes:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Heard on one of the guided extreme rides last year...

8x say's:
"let's ride it the other direction - cause it's even harder"

Me - thinking:
"R U Crazy? ...we needed spotters and had to hand carry several machines over that one ledge."

Standstormer - nutjob #1:
"Cool"

Standstormer - nutjob #2:
"I should have rode my trials bike"

Me - outloud:
"I think I'm going to enjoy the sun on this rock and I'll watch you guys."

Nick:
"eh - I'll wait here too"

Standstormer - nutjob #3
"Let's see how fast we can do it."

... riders exit... me and Nick on the rock.

Me:
"Nick you want a Gel pack?"

Nick:
"Nah - I've got an extra protein bar - if you want it."

Me:
"sure is a nice day to be riding"

Nick:
"you-betcha, doesn't get any better than this"

Me:
"Nope"

kraemerf

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 13, 2011
salgeek said:
I thought you wanted a 3' x 5' flag. Or was that Marsh?

3 wks and change is not much time for a break, especially for an old guy like you. :nener:

I'm out! Having surgery tomorrow to have a plate installed. Most likely done for the year. Hopefully I can ride with my son at turkey creek.

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
Ride report from the 2nd annual LM trial event. We had riders from MI,Wi, Il, & MN as we say in Da UP if you don't like the weather wait 5min it'll change Trails were good on sat and great on sunday awesome chili and burgers great bomfire sat nite lots of fun was had by all heck even smitdog went home in one piece! :boss:

Top Bottom