the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
thumbs said:
Mr. Eel - I think you should be heading down for this trip. It won't be the same without you.

I seriously thought about it but 2 round-trip tickets are a bit much to swallow right now. Crazy steep.

Maybe next year I can work it out. Would be really nice to hang for a few days each year - what better place than KM!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Chris - Bring your wood. No fire restriction at this time but we still need a permit. I'll be up on Thursday and will be trying for the same area in they troy overflow as last time.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Got wood...

Can you take some up? or will you be full?

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I'll be aiming to camp in Troy, not Troy overflow. The only reason I ever camped in the overflow was because they had Troy shut down for improvements. I'm planning to be there around 4 pm Thursday. Tony call me!

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
So who else is in?
MrLuckey
Thumbs & fam
Bundy & fam
2strok & fam + friends

I checked today, so far no fire restriction but who knows... Smokey at times due to Piute fire. Also they are redirecting hikers from PCT to some of the OHV trails so it could be a target rich environment, I mean use caution.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Have fun guys . i ll miss hanging out w you this year.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Fire restrictions go into affect today. No campfires at Troy Overflow but you can have a fire in the fire pits at Troy. Looks like Troy will be the place.

There are moderate levels of smoke.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Well that was fun. I did a whole 30 miles all weekend and had a great time. Just hanging out with everyone around the fire and the good eats was fine with me.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
30 miles! Wow you must be sore. I managed 13 taking out my rookie friend and kids. I can feel the legs after pushing the pw50 up some of the hills it couldnt muster the beans for. Speaking of beans, dang do we know how to eat!!! :nod: I think these group camp outs can no longer be classified as camping, I dont eat that good at home. Bundy is king of meat rubs and pulled pork! Hmm... that dont sound right. :whoa:

Classic campfire gathering. Campfire conversation differences from years past:

Before- fuel characteristics
Now- charcoal, mesquite, hickory

Before- head design and squish velocity
Now- smoker construction and combustion management at altitude

You wont find a better group of people, cant wait for the next one. :cool:

Oh, I forgot to add: On the drive up my 8yo was asking who was going to be there and I go thru the list that I know of and he asks what a Kiwi is, so I give him the answer bout a person from NZ, a small flightless bird, and a fruit, he then says.... "So is he a flightless fruit?"...

...um..., Yes. :rotfl:

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Nice that you losers had a good time in cool Kennedy, while I was roasting down below.

If I go to Kennedy again, I'll buy a used toyhauler first. A toyhauler just to go to Kennedy Meadows once every year or two? I'm crazy anyway :coocoo: , so why not?

Too old to be roughing it much....

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Sorry to have missed it .. sounds like it was a good time, as usual.

Hopefully I'll have a fun report for you all sometime next week ... double enduro this Saturday ... 60+ mile timekeeper in the morning, then a 40+ mile timekeeper in the evening. Night enduro !!! Hope my new helmet light is enough.

Hope all is well guys ... stay away from those fires.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom