squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
RM_guy said:
No insurance or registration required.

I just called 4 Seasons and they require a 2 night minimum to pitch my tent whether I stay for 2 nights of not. The woman wouldn't budge. I was a bit hesitant about $38 for 1 night but now it's $76 for the one night that I'll be staying. I may scarp camping and just drive down Sat morning. Damn. :(

Even if you stay on our site that's booked and paid for two nights?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
WTH? Those are some strange rules...

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
just read their rules. Odd indeed, but they are there in black and white. Kinda hard to argue them.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
They open the trails and checkin at 9AM. The lines are not as bad as they were at Paragon, but I will be there at 8:30 for anybody who wants to show up then.

As for parking, no, it will not be the same place as last year, up on the hill. When you pass the checkin trailer, the parking lot is on your left, there is a small grass clearing on your right, that is where we will park. If you have a large trailer, you can park in the main lot, right next to the roadwhich will put you right across the road from the rest of the group.

Registration and insurance are not needed, and yes, you can fill out the forms and bring them with you, if you have been there before, there is no reason to fill out paperwork again.

If anybody has any questions, or needs some directions, you can call me at (nine seven three) two one four - one one three zero.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
that too, but how long did it take you to figuure that one out Dave?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have to work later than I expected today but should be on the road by 5:00 and get there by 6:30

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well we're on the way...stuck in Tappanzee traffic...

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
hmm if you were stuck at the tappanzee at 6:00, you should be passing my house in about another 30 minutes, should I go stand by the highway and wave as you go by? Or should I stand in the middle of rt80 so you are sure to see me?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Is Dave at the campground with you, or is he still at home? I notice he is logged in.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm going to say that he is home. He was having auto issues. I don't hunk he will make it here tonight.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, that was a great ride! I was worried about the heat but it really wasn't that bad. And other than a nice bruise on my bicep and a smashed pipe it was a perfect day.

I felt privileged to ride with the Rhode Island family reunion. ;) Dan, as always, was a great trail guide. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the video, especially little David when he bonzied down Widow's Peak. :ohmy: Remember Dan, don't edit out the "good" stuff :debil:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Too bad y'all are not in Texas ...

I have a bunch of stickers!

907262382_DVMo5-L.jpg

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
There shouldnt be anthing that needs editing out. I mean, I didnt go over the bars while the helmet cam was running, honest. :p

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You all missed it!!! We were just getting set to serve supper on Saturday night, and who should roll in on his Hog?

TRIGGER!!!

We spent an hour or so catching up before he had to be on his way.

hangin' out with Dan, Dave, Nate (and Mrs) during the day, and Trigger swinging by for a visit at night.

It was simply a great weekend. Thanks guys n gals

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I had a great time guys, it definitely beats riding alone, plus I hit a lot of trails that I normally skip when riding by myself.

I will get some videos posted soon of both yesterdays ride, and last falls ride which I kept forgetting to post. And unfortunately, when I was watching the video on my tv this morning, I accidently hit the erase button over the part where I crashed.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
It was a great time guys! I'd love to hit Lost Trails toward the end of the summer, before school starts though, so late August maybe - perhaps we can try to plan another group ride?

Widows Peak was interesting - I for sure thought I was going to bite the dust when I saw those logs at the bottom and grabbed all of my front brake!

I truly love Lost Trails - the trails are so well marked I felt perfectly comfortable out riding for the afternoon with just mom.

Thanks for being a great trail guide Dan!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Will do! Thanks!

Top Bottom