James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Mike, when I rode your bike, it seemed like there was plenty of room from the seat to the pegs. I just felt like your bars were too close like they were laid back a bit. If you get taller bars, they are only going to be that much closer to your body. I would like your bike better if the bars were more forward either with mounts or stand them up a bit more. I didn't think you looked terribly cramped..matter of fact, looked like you were were in fairly good "attack position". Going from my bike (00 CR250 for others) it seemed like I had a lot more room to the bars on mine BUT it seemed like my pegs were a lot closer to the seat. And I know your YZ is higher off the ground than my CR <<envious>>

This form one tall guy to another. Now if I could just meet another fat guy?!?!!?

By the way...I am about 1/2 inch taller with those new SG1 soles on my alpinestars.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
<tall fat guy enters>

You called?

I'm ordering a set of the Fastway lowboy pegs for my TM, as well as a tall seat foam. I'll let you know what makes a bigger difference when I actually get to try them out.

I'd like to go to a diff. triple clamp and bars too, seems a shame though since mine came with nice anodized oversized bars to begin with. Being 6'5 I could use some extra room though..

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i looked into the fastway pegs also, but i think they are no lower than the standard pegs with the "modification" look in mods forum i think. i contacted them, they said you can mount the peg either way and when lowered it moves them half inch down and back, which is exactly the same as the modification.

ive lowered them on my yz and i like it much better, everything is a comprimise but a lowered center of gravity and being able to hold on easier with my knees out weighs the occasional grounding of a peg (i hope i can still say this when i start doing heavier landings). the only thing i didnt like was that the peg is moved further back, but i am in the process of adding some extra teeth the the front ot the peg.

i have also ordered some protaper windam bend, they are very similar to the carmicheal bend just slightly wider.

the next thing on the wish list will be that taller seat, then i will have no excuses left for being so slow :o

later

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The peg helpers I saw in Cycle News were for 2002 CR's only. Here is the article:

Daddy Long Legs

"According to S&R Performance, when the 2002 CRs were tested, there were complaints that the foot-peg mounts were too high for some riders. S&R has now released new mounts that reportedly lower the peg mounts 10 mm on the CR 125, 250 and CRF450. The mounts are made of zinc-plated steel with 304 stainless-steel pins and aluminum spacers. Also included is a flat-head screw for mounting."

(There is also a photo - they run $89)

Maybe this company makes spacers for other models, too? www.s-r-performance.com (I haven't looked). 585-346-2073

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
They only show them available for the CR models.. Which happen to have the bolt-on footpeg brackets, not welded on like most brands.

jzyz

Jun 28, 2001
I have lowered the pegs on my bike and raised the handle bars. I just ordered the high seat foam. Lowering the pegs really helped by by moving my knees from the vent area of the radiator shroud. I let you know what kind of a difference the seat foam make when I get it.

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
Well I broke down and bought the fastway F4 pegs in the lowboy version. I was skeptical about them being lower, but let me tell you, the half inch down and back makes a huge difference! I just tried them out for the first time this weekend, and I had nothing but good things come of it. Between that and the tall seat foam, it is like a new bike. The F4 are the ones with the shims, where you can adjust how far forward/back they go... I love the added width, they make the stock pegs look like something from the 1980's...I felt it was definately worth the $$$

Nick

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
hey fmf...

are they any lower than the modified stock pegs? ive done mine and they are about 1/2 inch lower and further back.

can you give any feedback on which tall seat you put on your YZ? i think i will go with the SDG complete seat, they do them in tall also and it works out cheaper than the new foam and cover route....

later

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom