MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Karlie Luna is the daughter of Matt Luna. Matt is the current president of the Muskegon Motorcycle Club, and a co-worker and good friend. Many of you on this site also know Matt. He's also one of the craziest dirt bike riders I know. I don't think he's ever worn out a front tire on his CRF450, because it never hits the ground!

If you wish to show your support for Matt and his daughter Karlie, consider joining them to this event. This is cut from my company's web newsletter:

On Sunday, March 13, 7-year old Karlie Luna, daughter of Matt Luna (1835 Tool Room) has a date with the Make-A-Wish foundation of Michigan at the Frauthental Center and Holiday Inn, Muskegon Harbor.

Karlie, a kindergartener, who has cystic fibrosis, will become a special princess for a day. At 2 PM Sunday, arriving in her horse-drawn Cinderella carriage, making a grand entrance, Karlie will attend a coronation ceremony at the Frauenthal with her royal band, royal court, royal family, and even a royal herald, complete with scrolls on hand to celebrate.

To make Karlie's fantasy complete, Make-A-Wish Foundation and her family hope the 1,748-seat Frauenthal Theater will be packed with Karlie's "loyal subjects" cheering her on. Participants will see Karlie crowned "Princess for the Day" by Miss Michigan Kelli Talicska and given an official proclamation on behalf of the city of Muskegon.

Something like this is going to take people two hours out of their Sunday, and they can see the impact immediately on this child. Please join us!! Karlie's mother, Jill Luna, agrees it will take support of the members of our community to make her daughter's wish come true.

Since Karlie was 3-months old, she has lived with cystic fibrosis, which is a genetic, chronic and life-threatening disease that can cause lung infections and digestion ailments. Besides routine doctor appointments, medications and treatments, Karlie's daily regime consists of inhalers twice a day, a nebulizer, taking four pills for her digestive system each time she eats, using a feeding tube to try to help her gain and maintain weight over 35 pounds, and wearing a special vest that shakes her body to break up excess mucus in her lungs.

According to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the disease affects approximately 30,000 children and adults in the United States. Karlie has been fighting the battle since infancy.

We invite everyone to come out and support Karlie's special day.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yea that little Karlie has been a real sick little girl!!! I am going to do everything in my power to be down there Sunday!!!
The Woodsy family is certainly praying for the Luna family and their little girl!! It is really cool that the Make A Wish Foundation is doing this for her/them! My hat goes off to them :cool:
Woodsy

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
We attend a local Make-A-Wish fundraiser every year. It's basically dinner, drinks, and dancing... so makes for a nice date night with the wife. Glad to see the funds helping out a true Princess... hope she has a great day!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Smit-Dog said:
We attend a local Make-A-Wish fundraiser every year. It's basically dinner, drinks, and dancing... so makes for a nice date night with the wife. Glad to see the funds helping out a true Princess... hope she has a great day!

Thanks for helping out, Matt is really happy his daughter is going to get her wish. If I get a good photo, I'll put it in the thread here.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Mark - thanks again for posting this!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!
I noticed TV-8 had a crew their so if anyone wants to see some of the action I am assuming it will be on the local news in the very near future!!!
KARLIE - YOU ARE A SPECIAL LITTLE GIRL!! Ol' Woodsy is proud of you and your beautiful family!! And THANK YOU to the Make A Wish folks - you did a great thing!!!!!
Hey Mark - can ya post a couple pics??
Woodsy
Oh yea, always nice chatting with ya bro!!!! You look good - some of our fellow addicts arent even gonna recognise you - thin and READY to kick butt!!!!!!!!!! :aj:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
This was truly a special event for a special little girl. Karlie looked so petite in her princess dress. We thought that the theater would be pretty much empty, but boy were we pleasantly wrong! The place was almost full, and the theatre has a seating capacity of 1500. It was great to see such a turnout to give Karlie special memories. The Fruenthal is a perfect site for this too, very ornate inside.

It was great seeing Woodsy, you guys won't recognize HIM when you see him either! Between us, we lost most of a whole person in weight over the winter!!

A lot of the pictures I took didn't turn out because it was pretty dark, but I have some. I'll post them after I do some editing (and downsizing).

Toby259

Jan 5, 2005
Here is a picture that I can share of Karlie's special day. I know the great people who own Grand Carriages company and they sent me this to share.

Attachments

• Karlie.jpg
    Karlie.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 141

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Thanks Toby. Thats pretty cool. Sure can spot Matts bald head shining in that picture...lol

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yea Toby - THANKS for sharing that with us!

Top Bottom