FLYHOTTIE

Jun 17, 2003
I'm in Norfolk and also lookin 4 some places 4 me and my husband 2 ride. We found a place in Chesapeke, but it's private property. All kinds of people ride there, so I'm assuming the owner really doesn't mind. I'll have 2 get exact directions from my hubby. There are also some trails by a school of Dam Neck rd. The school is cooperate landing elm. You have to park in the lot and there's an enterence to the woods. I'm gonna check out some places in NE North Carolina. It's not far at all and there's alot more country out there. If I find anything I'll let u know, and same for u.
Bye, Melissa

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Trail riding is gonna be difficult around there unless you know someone w/private land. There are a few Mx track in the area, but few trails. The only place I knew of in that area was Surry county, but they shut it down after some drunk idiots on quads riding the trail the wrong way killed a little kid. :| If your interested in the Mx track let me know and I might be able to pull some info together for ya. If your willing to drive, since I've moved to NC I've found A LOT of trail riding oppertunities, but when I lived in Va.(Richmond area) Trail riding options were few and FAR between. Good luck.

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Yeah there is not much ridding around there. I used to live in Richmond and was always looking for a place to ride. Unless you knew some one with property you are out of luck. I was looking to buy a bike and asked the guy at the dealer where to go and he could not tell me. So he wondered why I did not buy one. Well if I cant ride it why would I buy it. I go back there to visit my parents and still try to find a place to go. I hope some one can help you out so maybe we can ride when I go back down next time.

FLYHOTTIE

Jun 17, 2003
My hubby has found a few places to ride. One of them is by the Verizon Amputheater. All I know is that it's in those woods around there. Lots of ppl from this area ride there.
I'll find out exact directions, and the other places he rides and let u know!
I'm interested in NC trails! Please respond and let me know!
Melisssa

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Hey jimmyzgrl,
Theres a few state parks around here that are worth checking out.
CLICK HERE
This is a place called Brown Mtn. Lots of fun w/various skill level trails involved. Everything from fire roads to single track. Pretty fun. Lots of embedded boulders in the ground. Another place I hear is nice is a place called Brushy Mtn. I haven't been there yet, but I have a friend who goes who says its nice. And one more location to check out is Uwharrie Nat. Forrest. CLICK HERE Its fairly decent. Very wide open for motorcycles. One thing to keep in mind w/Uwharrie is you have to share the trail with Atv's as well as Off-road trucks :scream: Just keep your eyes open, and be aware of your surroundings and you should be fine. Also I'm going trail riding with a friend of mine who lives in Chesapeake next weekend so when I find out where were going I'll fill everyone in. Hope this helps. :thumb:

Top Bottom