my brakes are gone after crash, need help

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
hey guys, my front brakes just stopped working after a took a spill on the right side of my bike, breaking the brake lever. the master cylinder is still full of liquid and there doesnt seem to be any cracks on the master cylinder that stand out. the brake pads are still there, but they arent grabbing. i managed one day at a MX track without them, so i learned how to rear slide really well :) ;) . TIA

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
You probably got air in the system when it was upside-down.

Bleed the brakes.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
oldguy said:
If you become one with the bike you can do it telepathically :think:
My guess was he knows you have to pull the lever to get the brakes to work

disregard that guy, he probably rides without any front brakes too :rotfl: . ive already got a new lever on, just dont know what else. ill try and bleed the brakes here soon. thanx

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
If all else fails, rebuild the master cylinder, it's easy and cheap. Tools required: 8mm wrench, 10mm wrench, needle nose pliars (maybe), small flat screwdirver, and snap ring pliars. You can lay the bike on it's side to do the job.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
FruDaddy said:
If all else fails, rebuild the master cylinder, it's easy and cheap. Tools required: 8mm wrench, 10mm wrench, needle nose pliars (maybe), small flat screwdirver, and snap ring pliars. You can lay the bike on it's side to do the job.

you forgot the master cylinder ;) . thats my last option, being $150 and all.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
oldguy said:
If you become one with the bike you can do it telepathically

Aaah, grasshopper. You have been sneaking into the forbidden library and reading "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" again, haven't you?

Top Bottom