My words can't discribe this.......

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So it was "Some kind of freak accident" that the idiot was on a quad at a walking pace, with a toddler on it and checked his phone for a text message? No freak accident there, just plain and simple irresponsible behavior. Just unbelievable.

kaboom1371

Jan 15, 2008
the only thing that is a freak is the father. Brother isn't to bright either. Paramedic and lets his nephew on a bike without a helmet. Family full of dumb asses apparently.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Just read it again because I am just stupified by the idea of both the firing a gun and on a ATV. Just stupid beyond imagination!

Jackson's grandmother, Gail Moore, 54, called the crash a freak accident. "Nobody did anything crazy," she said.

Endangering your child with foolish acts just to make you feel like he's a mini-man at 2 years old might not qualify as crazy in some peoples eyes but it ranks as moronic in mine.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Patman said:
Just read it again because I am just stupified by the idea of both the firing a gun and on a ATV. Just stupid beyond imagination!

Jackson's grandmother, Gail Moore, 54, called the crash a freak accident. "Nobody did anything crazy," she said.

Endangering your child with foolish acts just to make you feel like he's a mini-man at 2 years old might not qualify as crazy in some peoples eyes but it ranks as moronic in mine.

Bingo!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
kaboom1371 said:
Paramedic and lets his nephew on a bike without a helmet. Family full of dumb asses apparently.

you would be amazed at the number of firemen, deputies, etc. around here who ride their streetbikes without helmets. they all know better.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I told a couple of guys at my supply house about this story. The manager literally dropped the papers he had in his hands. He thought I was making it up. He got online and read the story while the other guy was filling my order. Freak accident my butt:moon:!
My business depends on my cell phone but my life doesn't. I have voice mail and I use it! I don't care for texting and a story of this monumental stupidity reminds me why I don't use texting.
My brother had his grandson on my atv last summer, before they took off, I turned the throttle set screw in to only let the engine rev to maybe 1500 rpms. The kid had a great time in an open pasture at .5 mph with a helmet and an adult to overide any mistakes. Hug your kids folks! There are just some stupid idiots out there that will ruin your life to send or receive a text message.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
That type of thing (the kid hitting the throtte) is much more likely than most realize. Many kids who have ever been on a powerwheels are used to the "button" being right there.

When my youngest, Tommy, was 2 he went for a ride with the owner of the track (with a helmet). Jimmy was already sitting on the 4 wheeler putting on his helmet when I put Tommy on the seat in front of him. The first thing Tommy did was reach forward and hit the throttle. We were able to stop it immediately, but I can see how that sort of thing can easily happpen and could easily get away from someone.

kaboom1371

Jan 15, 2008
mx547 said:
you would be amazed at the number of firemen, deputies, etc. around here who ride their streetbikes without helmets. they all know better.

It's amazing in States without helmet laws that you see people on sportbikes with 2,000 dollar one piece race suits and no helmet. WTF is the point in that. :bang:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
kaboom1371 said:
It's amazing in States without helmet laws that you see people on sportbikes with 2,000 dollar one piece race suits and no helmet. WTF is the point in that. :bang:

Gene pool cleansing, that's the point.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
kaboom1371 said:

Pfft! Gotta protect your tattoos!

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
A two year old has no business firing a gun.

As for the accident, the stupid part was not having a helmet on the kid. Setting himself up for any possibility of falling off was careless but I wouldn't go as far as saying "moronic".

It's sad, and I am sure that the entire family is devastated.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom