b-dubb!!

May 31, 2007
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum but have a couple of questions. My son has a 2000 Husqvarna husky boy jr. 50cc. The engine is similar to a ktm. I am having trouble adjusting the carb to run correctly. First of all what ratio of fuel do i need to run because it is smoking pretty bad when it throttles up. Also it lacks power on take off until it gets up to speed. It used to just take off but now it will not. it starts and runs fine but maybe i am not running the right fuel mixture. If it is off will it cause this? Also do you have any suggestions on how to adjust the carb. it has 2 adj. screws. One with a spring and the other without that it smaller. Also how high of an oil level should i put the gear oil in the gearbox. Thanks Alot i am new at this as you can tell.

micshol

Feb 7, 2007
What mixture are you running now. full synthetic oils usually run 50:1 semis 32-40:1 A two stroke will smoke due to the fact that you are burning oil. If you are to rich on the fuel mix you may oil foul the plug. The screw with the spring is the idle adjustment screw, the other one is your mixture screw. Most mixture screws are stock at 1 1/2-2 turns out. I would start at 1 1/2 turns out, turn it all the way in(not hard) then turn it out 1 1/2 turns, from there turn it in and out until you find your highest idle, if you get to less than 1 or more than 2 1/2 turns out the pilot jet needs work if you are within those limits then slowly turn the screw for the best throttle response(make sure you have a good plug and gas in it when doing this) Also how many hours are on this bike. I will tell you that 2 stroke motors don't usually have a lot of torque in the bottom like a 4 stroke would you have to be in the power band for optimum performance. I would suggest getting a manual. Check the side of the engine for an oil sight glass if it doesn't have a dipstick. A small 2 stroke like that will take less than a qt. in the gearbox.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
ok 2000 husky has a morini S5 motor. it is air cooled. I'd run 32:1 the takeoff problem is most likely the clutch. probably the shoes are hammered or a very common problem is the master link that holds the clutch shoes to the arbor came off. open the clutch cover and check it out. if the master links came off just tack weld them in place instead of the regular little clips. will be much more reliable. you can upgrade to a Cobra clutch but they are pretty pricey. they work much better though.

on the carb. the front small screw is the pilot screw. the middle screw with the spring is the idle adjust screw. adjust the idle appropriatley. adjust the pilot screw in until you create a bog. then turn out until the bog goes away and add half a turn. you can see the bog when you are at idle and you crack it wide open. most likely your rich anyway unless the previous owner raced and had a little bit of an idea of what was going on . those bikes came rich stock.

it does not have a sight glass and you should be using 9oz of oil in the trans.

Top Bottom