need help uploading photos!..sorry!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Hi guys, ive been managing OK to up load photos into threads, but now i have run into a problem.....it specifies only 600x800 size or something, any ideas on what i am doing wrong?

i managed to upload them into my gallery fine, just not into a thread. There are some great shots of the bike after a recent facelift and also one of some cool forward motion swingarm stickers! you can check them out here one they get approved:

http://www.dirtrider.net/teamdrn/showgallery.php?ppuser=25565&cat=500&thumb=1

thanks

Bruce

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I believe that the requirements for maximum image attributes differs between the Photo Gallery and images that you attach to posts.

I don't know about the Photo Gallery, but for uploading images I believe that the maximum size is 75k, maximum width is 550 pixels, and maximum height is 800 pixels. Someone jump in here if I'm wrong.

I don't mind resizing for an occasional image post, but I didn't have the patience to resize a bunch of images for the photo gallery. I just created a free Web Shots account, upload photos there without any restrictions, and put a link to it in my signature byline. Makes it a breeze to upload photos and set up different albums.

If anyone does knows of an image utility that will batch process a given set of images to a certain size, please let me know.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
lets see if this works, i managed to got into finepix viewer and set the photo to 535x800 or similar

no, still couldnt get it to work, even when i went down to ~500X750

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
as far as I know photos for the gallery are automatically resized, it's the ones for a thread you have to chop on..
p.s. the swingarm stickers look great!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
600x600
Max size: 75K
Becuase numbers are rounded, 65K is safe.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Bruce,

Those swing arm stickers are sweet! I'll have to throw in some extra dinero to Eric when I send him my cylender.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Smit Dog - Get XP.... it has a picture resizing utility built in. Select a bunch of pics, right click, and resize your pics Walla... Damn I love XP :yeehaw:
I have XP Pro, and evidently do not have this picture resizing utility you mentioned. Right-clicking does not display any short-cut menu items relating to resizing a group of selected image files.

Do you have any 3rd party imaging software installed? If so, what is it and what version? Do you have XP Power Toys, or the Plus! Pack?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by Smit-Dog

I have XP Pro

so do i, is the picture resizing software there or am i just not looking hard enough for it! :silly: I wonder if i can find something on finepix viewer. i will try later today!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I've lots of other software installed but I am pretty sure this was an original part of XP. Mine is XP home but if I select picture files (jpegs), then right click its the 5th item down.

Preview
Open
Edit
Print
ReSize

its not there if you dont have pics selected.

Yes I have Powertoys installed - maybe it came from there but I don't think so.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
600x600
Max size: 75K
Becuase numbers are rounded, 65K is safe.
I have posted/attached images that were 520w x 800h, so it appears that you can go up to 800 pixels at least with the height.

Originally posted by TTRGuy
I've lots of other software installed but I am pretty sure this was an original part of XP.
Found it! Resizer is part of Microsoft XP Power Toys. I found it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

It's called Image Resizer, and you can download it as an individual utility seperate from the rest of the Power Toys. It gives you this dialog box as a shortcut menu when an image file is selected. It's nice that you can set it to a custom W x H size, but you can't set it to automatically reduce quality until it gets below a certain file size. Also I'm not sure if Resizer will maintain aspect ratio. Hopefully it will just reduce the metric that is over the set limit, and still maintain aspect ratio. I have a feeling I'm still going to have to use Photo Impression to set W x H and file size manually.

Attachments

• imageresizer.gif
    imageresizer.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 77

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Bruce some how the airbox doesnt look right-it doesnt look like it blends with the rest of the bike-a bit of carbon look airbox stickers would be a nicer.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Forget Marcus, Bruce! I think that bike is purdy!

Marcus is a CR/KTM man after all. He would hve nothin' but bad to say about "Blue" bikes anyway. :thumb:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by marcusgunby
Bruce some how the airbox doesnt look right-it doesnt look like it blends with the rest of the bike-a bit of carbon look airbox stickers would be a nicer.

they are actually carbon fiber airbox stickers mate! But i agree, i would like to put a black airbox from a 99 on, but dont know if it will match up properly for air flow...do you think this would be a problem?

Or are you just bitter cause your little legs wont fit on my man sized 250? :moon:

Phillip, i think as you get to know marcus more, you will realise this bitterness he displays comes from all that time he has spent messing with KTMs and CRs! :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by bclapham

Phillip, i think as you get to know marcus more, you will realise this bitterness he displays comes from all that time he has spent messing with KTMs and CRs! :thumb:
As long as Eric likes YZ's Im all set! :thumb: :)(Marcus? who is that? I am worried about Eric!)

About all I know of Marcus can fit on a sheet of paper. LOL! ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom