VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
Where are all the New Englanders! Come in and introduce yourself. Let us know where your from, the kind of riding you do, what you ride etc.

Maybe if you guys are local, we can set up some kind of get together and a bunch of us can go riding together and have a bbq or something. Who knows.

Anyway, I'll start.

Im from Rutland, MA (near Worcester). Theres tons of riding areas around where I live. Most of my riding is done on trails and pits. I like the ever-changing environment/terrain. For bikes, I ride a 1982 YZ125 and a 1978 YZ250.

So come on in and introduce yourselves everyone! :cool:

buffsabs11

Apr 2, 2006
Im from Camillus, New York. It is just 5 miles SW of Syracuse. I ride mostly trails, and some track too. My favorite time to ride is in August. I just started last year, and my first bike was a 2002 YZ85 that I sold a couple of months ago. In January I bought a 1987 RM80 as a project bike, and am about ready to reassemble. Within the next couple of months I plan on getting a 125.

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
All right! good start. I actually started on a 86' RM80. I liked that bike. I had pretty good luck with it...never failed me.

illcr250

Damn Yankees
Oct 30, 2006
Whats up im josh from westerly ri, i ride a cr250 been riding 4 a while now, got out of it for a couple of years but just got back into it last year. i ride mosly in the woods and some pits when i can...

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
john stu said:
hey venom where do you ride im from lunenburg ma

Everywhere. Rutland is woods and trails...all of it. Theres also the prison camps, your a little limited to where you can ride down there but theres still enough trails, roads, etc that it would take a week to cover everything. Quite often, I also go to East Brookfield. My buddy has a cottage out there on Lake Quaboag thats pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Theres lots of woods and trails and theres a decient sized pit with tons of dirt piles and stuff. Other places I ride are powerlines. We have miles of powerlines around here with trails and sand pits along them.

I'm pretty lucky. I have quite a bit of places to ride. You should come out some time and ride with us. That goes for anyone else thats interested too.

CR38

Mar 13, 2007
Hey, I am from Westborough, MA about 12 minutes east of Worcester. VenomRS4, I actually bought my 03 Honda CR152 from a guy in Rutland. I took it for a test ride and there was so much land out there. It was so weird because when I drove through Worcester to get there it goes from city straight to farms and woods. I like to ride anything. Dirt, sand, trails, tracks, mud, you name it I will ride it.

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
RM_guy said:
I moved this so it will get more traffic...

Thanks, for some reason, I thought it was for new york or something.

Anyway...

CR38 said:
Hey, I am from Westborough, MA about 12 minutes east of Worcester. VenomRS4, I actually bought my 03 Honda CR152 from a guy in Rutland. I took it for a test ride and there was so much land out there. It was so weird because when I drove through Worcester to get there it goes from city straight to farms and woods. I like to ride anything. Dirt, sand, trails, tracks, mud, you name it I will ride it.

I know what you mean. But it is nice to have all the nice riding areas....and still be within 10 minutes of a major city. Is there any riding area around westborough?

I was thinking, would anyone be interested in doing some type of get together in this area? Maybe go for a ride, come back and have a BBQ, then go out for another ride or something. Just an idea. Let me know what you guys think.

DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm in Athol, MA (western MA) and I just recently got a Yammi RT-180 1993'. Looking for some guys to ride around with. I've got tons of trails behind my house and am willing to travel to meet up.

Dan

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
DannyMoto07 said:
Hey guys,

I'm in Athol, MA (western MA) and I just recently got a Yammi RT-180 1993'. Looking for some guys to ride around with. I've got tons of trails behind my house and am willing to travel to meet up.

Dan

Awesome! You'll have to come out here some time...or vice-versa. How do you like your rt180? I was contemplating getting one just as a trail bike. Is it reliable? And how is the power on it?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Is the land you guys ride on all legal? Do you need registration? I wouldn't mind making the trip sometime.

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
A lot of the stuff I ride on is private property. Like by buddies cottage, etc. But some places you do need registration.

CR38

Mar 13, 2007
There is no place to ride in Westborough. It is so built up so I usually have to go a few towns over to ride. I would also be interested in going to Rutland to ride, that would be pretty cool. Just let me know when everyone is going to meet up.

Alex

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
VenomRS4 said:
Man, this rain is killing me.

So when would everyone be interested in having a meet?

It's killin' us all, damn this New England weather :bang:

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
I want to. But my bike is down right now and I dont know how soon its gonna be up and going again. Its getting warm, so I need to focus on my street bikes too.

BTW: ITS SUNNY!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
RocketRaccoon said:
Im from Wappingers Falls, NY. Count me in if you plan on doing a ride. I have a 03 CR250R and ride mostly trails and gravel pits.
Can you make it to Hancock on the 28th?

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
RM_guy said:
Can you make it to Hancock on the 28th?

I just checked out your link and looks like it might be a good time. Im about 2 hours away so thats not too bad. I just need to see if I can get the day off to go. I will keep you posted. :cool:

DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
Awesome! You'll have to come out here some time...or vice-versa. How do you like your rt180? I was contemplating getting one just as a trail bike. Is it reliable? And how is the power on it?

The RT180 is AMAZING! I was so surprised at how well it does in the woods and open trails. Pasture hopping is amazingly fun too! It'll go through just about anything. Note, the only time I've had any chance to ride it was during the snow/rain last weekend. Only got it stuck once, in about 8" of snow going uphill. Mainly it was because I didn't attack it in the right gear and was going kinda slow... oops!

I will definatly need to check out some rides around here. I'm willing to travel wherever! Just let me know!

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
DannyMoto07 said:
The RT180 is AMAZING! I was so surprised at how well it does in the woods and open trails. Pasture hopping is amazingly fun too! It'll go through just about anything. Note, the only time I've had any chance to ride it was during the snow/rain last weekend. Only got it stuck once, in about 8" of snow going uphill. Mainly it was because I didn't attack it in the right gear and was going kinda slow... oops!

I will definatly need to check out some rides around here. I'm willing to travel wherever! Just let me know!

Hmm, I might look into one. thanks.

Top Bottom