Ender

Jun 27, 2002
Hello all.
I was just wandering what size of contingent we have for Damn Yankees in the north east region. I live up in the middle of now where really and would like to hook with some fellow spodes to go riding occasionally. Any where in New England would be in my range really as I have no life to speak of on the week ends.

Of course if any of you enjoy trail riding and would like to come north you could always come up to my neck of the woods for a little ridding enjoyment as well. I would like to find some more riding spots in my area though, the trails around my house are long enough and offer enough variety to keep me busy for quite some time but they can get repitive. For any one who knows the portland Maine area I live about a 1/2 hour north of portland and ride from my parents house which is about 1 hour north of portland.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Welcome Ender.
I don't know if we have any Mainers in the Damn Yankees yet. You could be the first. I mostly ride in Rhode Island, and South East Mass. If you haven't done it yet post something in the places to ride forum. The club area of this board is fairly new, and there are a lot of DRNers that don't frequent these forums yet.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Welcome!

Hmm. Sounds like you need to plan a Nor'east spodefest in Maine, there! Then we'll all have an excuse to come over! ;)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Hey!

We have Turkey Point maybe we can have Lobster Point?? :moon:

Ender

Jun 27, 2002
Hmmm...the Nor'East Lobsta Point Spodefest ?? :think: Could be a hit I think! All I need to do now is find a good area we can all gather and not get in trouble for it. :)
I guess I'll have to start looking for some local camp grounds that might cater to our needs. Although my parents do have have a fairly sizable back yard and could fit a good number of tents there. :) Only problem is to get to the most of the trails ya either gotta go about a mile or so down the road or on a trail with a bright orange sign that says no other motorized vehicles besides snow mobiles on trail...of course I missed that my first time through there :confused:
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like there is an interest all we need now is a place and time to break ourselves.
And PK I'll post something in the other forums as well and see what happens.

Note the correct pronounciation of lobster

Last edited:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
All right you chowda heads , A big welcome to a true "Down Easter" ;)
I am all for a Lobster/fest er ah spode/fest back east . It looks like you opened up a big can of worms Mr. Ender.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
***drool*** Mmmmm.....lobstah....mmmm! ***drool***

I'm IN!! :)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Easy Lori!

Ender

Jun 27, 2002
Excellent! Ok I'll get into looking for spots to ride/camp around here and maybe in New Hampshire/Mass. If anyone knows of any off the top of their heads let me know. As I'm fairly new to this sport I still dont know many locations for riding yet, but will work on expanding my territory.

And dirtybkr I'm always more then happy to open up these kinds of worms. The more the merrier I always say....well I guess other people say that to :think:

Any ways...will fill you guys/gals in on any info I find.
And btw I dont actually it those little red things but if everyone else does then I suppose we could arrange something :)

Quick Note: Just e-mailed the supposed ATV Coordinator for Maine's parks and such and got an out of office reply saying is was out till August 30th! hahaha Guess he wont be much help...you would think he would actually be there to help for the summer. oh well

Last edited:

WoWman

Jun 23, 2002
I am from sout eastern Massachusetts!!!
I mostly ride on Cape cod, as I know most of the cops where I ride. :)

Papakeith, where in Souteast Mass do you ride? Foxborro?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
WoWman, I've been riding in Wrentham, Franklin, and Gilbert Hills Forests. If you are interested, I think I'll be heading to Wrentham this Thursday after work with a couple of people.

02cr250r

Spammer
Oct 5, 2001
im on Cape Cod, and I know of quite a few places that offer camoing, and haaoen to have a nice MX track, thats waterd and stuff...$35 for a day of riding, and the parking is free.

Howser03

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Regarding my previous post, I apologize if I insulted any fellow New Jerseyians.. construction crews hit a sewege pipe near my work and smelled like crap all day long :eek: ewwww.... i was pissed hehe.

WoWman

Jun 23, 2002
Hey papa! Where in Wrentham can you ride? That is practically across the street from me! :) Youve got mail...

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You need an ATV plate from Mass, but Wrentham State Forest, Franklin and F. Gilbert Hills Forsets are the three that I've ridden in the area. Gonna ride Freetown Forest today at 5:30PM.

Top Bottom