New guy from MN, dont even have a bike yet.

tmodlin

Jan 19, 2008
I am tossing around the idea of buying my first bike and thought I would check out the site and see what I can learn. Brands, gear required, maintenance required, etc..

I am pretty set on a 2-stroke 250 of some sort due to my size(a little over 6ft and about 200lbs). Not sure on brand yet. If I go through with this I will be riding with all 2-stroke 250s in either a KTM or Honda so going with their brands has some plusses. There is a Yami dealer right down the road from me so thats a plus but at the same time I am on the road so much for work that I am always only minutes away from pretty much any dealer.

I am 23 and live in southern MN. I have some friends and family that do some pretty serious trail riding in northern MN and WI. They have recently been trying to talk me into getting a bike now that I am not working weekends anymore. I have some experience with ATVs and used to ride a friends 125 bike back when I was probably 13 or 14 so its been a while.

Anyway, I guess I am not really asking a specific question or anything. Just decided to post in here first.

Tim

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site, Tim :cool:

Check out the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum for great information on what dirtbikes might suit your needs and desires. There is a great group of folks that hang out in there always willing to help a newbie to the sport. Read the Help Us Help You ...Hints to help get advice on bikes thread for information that you should post that will help everyone zero in on recommendations.

Top Bottom