xrannie

Feb 5, 2008
couldn't help myself- hope it don't kill me!

found this lovely on craigslist - 2001 xr650r in near mint condition- mid life crisis purchased by a guy who'd never owned a dirtbike- he never rode it unless his brother came over and started it for him! claimed about 10 hours of use-tops- i think less.

got her back and took the carb off- needed cleaned- got into the airbox to repalace the filter and discovered the restrictor still intact!- WOOT-... for sure, this bike ain't been rode hard!

goin for a street legal/motard with this- lookin for some excel motard wheels-see classified.

here's some quick pics- the strap rubbed the decal on the way home- it was perfect pre-haul. dammit.

Attachments

• xr650r3.jpg
    xr650r3.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 88
  • xr650r.jpg
    xr650r.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 93
  • xr65r4.jpg
    xr65r4.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 89

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
Yeah, I can relate...I have an '08 XR650L. I never rode an XR-R but from what I hear, the "L" isn't much different. I struggled with it, for quite a while but then I realized the "trick" to riding them....ya' gotta' be aggressive, or they handle like a floor-buffer. They're not overly powerful but I learned that there really is such a thing, as too much torque! :whoa:

You might want to consider a Koubalink, to lower it a couple inches...at least, 'til you get used to it.

xrannie

Feb 5, 2008
kschilk said:
Yeah, I can relate...I have an '08 XR650L. I never rode an XR-R but from what I hear, the "L" isn't much different. I struggled with it, for quite a while but then I realized the "trick" to riding them....ya' gotta' be aggressive, or they handle like a floor-buffer. They're not overly powerful but I learned that there really is such a thing, as too much torque! :whoa:

You might want to consider a Koubalink, to lower it a couple inches...at least, 'til you get used to it.

pretty much used to the way it handles/stocki learned on a 600 and the ole man's 650- we're the same height/size- so however he has 'em set- i learned it that way- =never been on a motard bike though- i keep lookin at the ktm sm bikes on the showroom of sarges in columbia,tn, just haven't got up the nerve to bs my way thru gettin a test ride! :laugh: jjust to say i rode one.......

can't afford to do much more right now than the wheels-
dropped a lil over 2k already & we got our anual trip to utah coming up in 4 weeks= times are TIGHT!

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
Yeah...:bang:...I ate it pretty bad, on that one! :| After I posted that, I looked at your profile and saw the list of bikes y'all got... :whoa: ...I can't tell you anything you don't already know. What can I say...stupid is like innocent....there ain't no point in bein' it, if ya' can't prove it beyond all reasonable doubt. :laugh: I gotta' start checkin' profiles!

BigSwole

Jun 8, 2004
kschilk said:
Yeah...:bang:...I ate it pretty bad, on that one! :| After I posted that, I looked at your profile and saw the list of bikes y'all got... :whoa: ...I can't tell you anything you don't already know. What can I say...stupid is like innocent....there ain't no point in bein' it, if ya' can't prove it beyond all reasonable doubt. :laugh: I gotta' start checkin' profiles!

good idea. :nener:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom