biscut

Apr 13, 2007
Hi all,
been lurking a few days and like the forum. Lots of good info.
I started riding on a Honda Trail 70 at 11 or 12 and had several bikes up through my late 20's. Raced for a half dozen years on a KX80 and RM125.
I laid out during my college years and just never got back, although I rode on occasion when the chance came up through buddies that had bikes.
Bought a 4-wheeler 7 years ago and the itch for a dirt-bike came back.
I bought a KTM 300EXC recently and was really getting the rust blown off until a few weeks ago. Dropped the bike on a blind turn, not even going very fast but I didn't clear the bike fast enough.
So...........i'm laying on the bed right now 1 week after surgery to pin/plate a broken tibia and fibia. Broke them just above the left ankle.
Actually found this site searching for information on recovery, and found a link to MX547's thread about his ordeal back in '02.
I'm 42 so I had to keep reading until I found out he got riding again. :nod:
This sucks doing this so soon into my "comeback" but it was one of those "I can't believe that happened" kinda deals.
I've gone down way worse many times with no injuries, but this time I just got unlucky. Matter of fact I jumped right up to pick the bike up and only then realized something was way wrong. Maybe it was the way my foot was just flopping around on the end of my leg. :whoa:
Anyway, I'll be riding again, just don't know when. Until then I'll just have to be satisfied with reading threads here.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Welcome to DirtRider biscut. Sorry to hear of your injury. Don't worry, you'll be back out there in no time. Most of us have had some type of injury or another, so you'r not alone by any means! Keep Reading, and never quit riding! Matt

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Welcome and sorry to hear about your leg,yes crap happens! Being laid up is kinda how I found this site and got threw maybe 2 percent of the information stored on here! Well six months later and still searching. Plenty of threads on rehab,the big one and I am gonna give it up,I recently rode and got yelled at by my rehab therapist,oh well. Good luck,hope you do not smoke and do not overwork your broke mended leg.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to DRN and sorry to hear about your injury.

Twenty minutes into day one of DirtWeek 2002, I fell and broke three metarsal bones in my right foot. It hurts right now because a Sam's cart was run up the back side of my heal yesterday. My right shoulder reminds me that I experienced a compression fracture of the scapula in August of last year and my right knee reminds me occasionally that I twisted it real bad in Mexico in January ...

I am not trying to dimish your injury, but remind you that it is worth all the effort to get back on the bike. The experiences and memories are priceless, as are the people here.

Take good care of yourself and you will still be riding, when you get my age!! :)

Top Bottom