WPLedger

Jun 11, 2008
Thought I'd do a little intro to let everyone know who I am. Don't know if I'll be posting much, more of a reader unless I got something to say or a question I can find in a search.

I haven't rode dirt in over 10 years. Sold my last dual purpose/trail bike when my daughter was a baby. Got into cruisers shortly after that and haven't looked back. Currently ride an 06 Harley Road Glide, but don't think its going to do too well on the trails. LOL Have ridden quads, mainly utility, all of my life. Own a Kawasaki Prairie 4x4 right now and my son is on a TRX90. Which brings me here. He's been begging for a dirt bike lately and I guess all the riding he does on the Harley with me isn't helping.

Our quads mostly sit except during hunting season or when we're getting ready for hunting season and I think that's about to stop. We need to ride more. So I've been looking at some beginner bikes for him, and even thinking about getting myself something to get me back into it. If not, I'll just ride along on the quad. At any rate, just here to learn and maybe find some people/places to ride. We're kind of new to OK, been here a year, so not real up on the riding in OK. Live in the Edmond area, north of OKC.

WPLedger

Jun 11, 2008
Thanks Keith. I'll confess though, very active on some other forums and moderate a few. I guess that helps a little ;-)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
You are situated right between two good riding areas. (The 500 in Stillwater and Draper in OKC just south of Tinker Air Force base.) Both places have over 20 miles of well marked trails.

wpwarhawk

Jun 11, 2008
Another newbie, sort of ... I'm a friend of Ledgers, and used to have an account here.

I've been around since the old RMD days, and was on the extreme dirtbike forums, which I think are gone now. If there is anyone here who attended the Colorado Spodefest in 2000, I'm the one that organized that.

Anyway, I'm old now, my boys are grown and I've gotten away from dirt bikes. Riding an Electra Glide now. That won't change, but I may add another dirt bike to the stable.

Ledger told me that he joined up today, so I though I'd drop by and check things out. Kinda get back up to speed on dirt bikes.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Welcome to both of you.

If there is anyone here who attended the Colorado Spodefest in 2000, I'm the one that organized that.
Maybe Gomer?

WPLedger

Jun 11, 2008
DWreck....been reading up on those, look like cool places to ride, going to have to check them out soon.

Okiewan...thanks for the welcome.

Well, my son is now the proud owner of a 2002 TTR-90. Can't wipe the grin off his face. LOL If I was a betting man, I'd bet that Warhawk and I won't be far behind him either. LOL

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Gomer was at one of the Coloroda SF's.

He and I definitely have chewed the dirt on RMD a bit.

I just found out a few months ago that one of the guys I work with is Dredwolf from RMD... small world.

Ivan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Is that you, Merf?

I made the "Ride the Divide" COSF in 99. I don't remember who did the one in 2000. I thought it was Merf or Rex...too many knocks on the noggin since then.

So, fess up! Who are you?!? (Or, who were you on RMD?) I know it's not Baxter, 'cause you're not talking enough!

wpwarhawk

Jun 11, 2008
Nope, Not Merf ... I'm Jim, or Warhawk. I wasn't there for the '99 Spodefest, but it inspired me to go back in 2000. I lived in Kansas then, Texas now.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Sorry, the name doesn't ring any bells. Did you make the Texas SpodeFest Jeff and Lisa Horn put on 98?

I made:
- Atlanta SF 97
- Dallas SF 98
- Colorado SF 99
- SuthinSF 2000 (SC)
- MidWestSF / DirtWeek 2000 (IL)
- DW01 (IL)
- DW02 (Cooperland)
- DW03 (Cooperland)
- DW04 (Cooperland)

wpwarhawk

Jun 11, 2008
I guess I was a little late, we had another event in 2000 in Muenster Texas that I was at. Wasn't an official spodefest though.

I've been riding street only since 2001, and am way out of shape. I think I'm going to pick up a KDX or something similar to ease back into it.

abrocks22

Jun 26, 2008
Hey I'm new also. Ive been riding for a few years but just wanted to shout out to some people and see whats up. I'm from cali and my name is Amber :)

wpwarhawk

Jun 11, 2008
Well I bought a bike Sunday, from my neighbor. A Honda XR650R in excellent condition, all stock except for Pro Taper bars. Gonna take it out Friday and see if it's as big a beast as the internets would have you believe.

Top Bottom