CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Right now looks like Brad, Steve, me possible Buddy & Dror. How about the rest of you? How can you pass up the best riding weather we may have left this year?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah great ride last weekend. I loved that long loop right under the fire tower. Always wanted to get back down there but someone was afraid of a certain wall climb :yikes: . Just great weather. It was a bit hard seeing the trail at first under the leaves but your eye gets use to it then. The WR ran great and I got it dialed in a bit better I think. I noticed when I took the bike off the van the rear brake resivior was hanging off the bike but some tape and zip ties held it in place although it's starting to melt on the header pipe a bit.
Hope to make it out then this week again.

Solace64

Aug 1, 2010
So how tough is the single track you guys are hitting up? I'd love to hook up with you guys and get shown around RAC but I'm a fairly new rider. Don't want to get owned.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Some areas are more challenging then others but unfortunately this will be an exploration ride and I'm not willing to have a rider who's ability really isn't know to us along as it could be a problem. When out as a group you always have to consider the weakest rider so not this ride but you will be welcome on another trip. We usually ride a fast pace but stop at most trail heads to wait for the pack to catch up.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
11am ready to ride!!!

With the cold coming in I thought we'd push the start back an hour and let things warm up out there. Let me know if it's a problem... Right now its Steve, Brad, me, Buddy, Dror and positively maybe Jason.

Let's ride

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
saturday's ride

Well it took some coaxing but we managed to get Darrell down out of his tree, it was good to have him back out with us again. Still not sure if he's happy with his suspension or not. Brad seemed to loose his confidence right where we turn in for our warm up loop then the rest of the day I think his mind was back on the truck. lol Steve did well and managed not to over heat the bike. Can you say upshift? Geese imagine having more then 1 gear. The leaf cover was tough and at times finding the trail was a challenge but all in all a very enjoyable day. Darrell described it best by saying since the leaf was dry and it hadn't rained in while it was sort of like riding on wax paper. Makes you think when he got a chance to actually do that to relate it to us. Oh yeah Jason of course Bagged it.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
No riding for me this weekend or next

Sorry guys
I will be out for the next two weeks have things to do this weekend then off to Costa Rica next. Hopefully it won't be too cold when I get back and can ride the weekend of the 20/21. Will keep you posted.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Shoda gone riding and stayed safe. Stayed home and now I'm all banged up. Gotta start wearing my riding gear around the house.....

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Can you guys say Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Hope it warms up a bit when I get back from Costa Rica Next week. I really would like to ride some rocks before switching over to a sand setup for the winter. Let's plan on Saturday the 20th and hope for the best.

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
That was a great and much needed vacation! Back at the salt mine this morning and running a little slow but I'll be ready for riding Saturday. How about the rest of you?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Winter is here

With the temps dropping out in Saint Clair it's time to start looking at south jersey for me as it's usually 10 degress warmer down there. Can't ride this weekend but will keep you posted for next. You do need to be street legal as in registered and insured with plate to ride down south.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
22 degrees out Who wants to ride this weekend? I'm thinking about trying to put together a trip out west to Nevada. There are a couple of outfitters that can hook us up with new KTM's and send us out in the desert. I was thinking a Wed - Sun trip might be fun. Steve and Brad are both up for it anyone else?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Just thought I'd wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year and a Merry X-Mas. Hope to be out riding soon this cold stuff sucks around this part of the country.

Top Bottom