JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Hey guys. Just starting a new thread for the next rides. I'm getting alot of email and messages from guys that want to ride and that's what this site is for so lets post up our plans as they come together. Im up for Sat May 9 . Ill be trying to handle my mom and planting the Victory Garden on Sunday. I need to get some tires and other parts on the bike by next week though.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
see you there

Hey Jason Steve and I will be headed to RAC Saturday hopefully Darrel's ribs will be ok by then and he'll join us. We could choose to join him as his guest at TC since he is a member there as well. I think the fee is a little steep for a day at 50.00 but certainly willing to go if you want.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday

Just checked weather and it looks like we'll be ok till at least 3 or 4 Id like to meet ready to ride at 10:00am and do somewhere around 35-50 miles by 3:00pm. Should be some very interesting single track. The knee is feeling much better so we might even head back down that trail from the fire tower. Get your permits and come along. I can't even think about riding Sunday so no sense looking at the weather for me.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Im out. Just could not get my bike together today in time. I ran into some issues with mech snags, parts and time. I also cut my chain to short and that did not help! :bang: . Sunday is out too due to Moms day, maybe?..... Maybe next week. Fireman get your dang permit!!!!!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Nice ride up at RAC today. It was misting all AM so goggles were out but it was warm in the 70's so we had a great ride. It was awesome conditions to Vet out the new set of trials tires on the bike. It just felt like a nice hard pack traction day all day. Those tires will take a bit more getting use to and some suspension tweeks I think but they are AWESOME for Eastern Pa riding. Very good in the wet single track but I had to dial my dampener down a bit since the larger footprint and traction the front tire gets seems to make it hard to swing the bars fast when your going slower in tight single track. Maybe Ill write a review if I can find the right place to put it.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
3 day weekend

Hey guys
Right now I'm thinking Sunday and maybe Monday at RAC looks like it might rain Saturday and i need a day to work on my Wave runners anyway just to keep the peace at home.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Yesterday at RAC

Just another wonderful day of some awesome single track riding with old and new friends. It was a small group which is preferable out there. Jason called me early and told me about Andrew who just got his permit and wanted to join us but he couldn't make it, something about beer and burgers that he wanted to go to. Anyway it was Darrell, Steve, Brad, Andew and I. We did about 22 miles of some tight single track with a few river crossings that Andew decided would be a good place to stop and do his laundry. Everyone had a great time and just to let you know Jason I think we might have worn the new Kid at 28 out a bit. Bet he slept pretty good last night. Andew I give you plenty of credit as you told us you didn't have much single track or rock riding experience but you managed to hang with us all day and did very well at that. You and anyone else with that sort of spirit are welcome to join us anytime. Seems after watching Jassn with that trials tire of his Darrell and I both went to Mattos Cycle and bought new tires. Budd advised only to run a rear trials tire and a good front regular so not to get to much front bite. I noticed Jason was fighting his front all day and this made sense to me. I'll let you know in two weeks when I get a chance to ride again. I'm headed for Grand Caymans to do some diving and off shore fishing next weekend with some friends so no riding for me.
Come on guys lets all get together and get out there soon.

Well I'm off to launch my Wave runners and go have some fun on the river this morning. Yes there are other sports.

Gordon

Last edited:

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
haha, I sure did my laundry, a couple times that day. I had a great time out there with you guys, even though I felt like I was holding you up. I appreciate you guys taking me out and giving me some pointers. I'm gonna get some stuff for the bike, hopefully this week, and see if that helps. I did sleep pretty well Saturday night, but I actually still went riding on Sunday at Nesky, which really topped off my weekend. Found some single track in there and had another 4 hours of fun. Thanks again guys.

oh and where do you ride your skis Gordon? I have one of those myself too...

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Wave runners

I live right on the Delaware River so that's where I use them. No riding for me this weekend I'm off to the Caymans for some much needed R&R. Next ride for me will be the weekend of the 6-7

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
anyone going out on Saturday? Just ordered new tire, chain, sprockets, skid plate... maybe I should wait til I get them all on :blah:

Last edited:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah I could do Saturday. Glad you guys got to hook up and ride. Glad Gordon was not to mean to you. He is supposed to wear a court ordered "Does Not Play Well With Others" patch on his back but he keeps forgetting to put it on his coat :nener: . Just kidding.
Let me know about Sat Andrew. I can do Sunday too. I just have to emancipate my van, they are doing some drainage work at my place and dumped a load of stone in my driveway blocking it in. I may just have to go use the bike to blend it into my drive if they don't move it today :p

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
CRFGuy said:
I'm off to the Caymans for some much needed R&R. Next ride for me will be the weekend of the 6-7

Glad you got to take a break from all that Riding and Jet Ski work :nener: Have fun. Don't bring that dang Swine Flue back with you :|

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great meeting and riding with you Fireman. You got to see just about everything Hazelton has to ride today. Mud, rocks, Hills, water, rocks, hills, single track, with rocks, and mud, and hills.

BTW, 8B's is no longer allowing day riders unless your on there White list. They had quite a bad time last weekend with out of town day riders trashing the place. Left all there trash on the ground, ripped all around the camp, ripped through peoples camp sites, really dumb stuff. Even today some a holes were ripping in the parking area with no helmets on. I was wondering where they come from when they were asking me in broken english where they could ride then I saw the plates on their cars were all NJ. Must be the Trenton water or something :| . Come up here and act like that, and we all lose. Pisses me off.....

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Good meeting & riding with you, I had a great time again. I didn't end up leaving til 7pm... 8 hours straight on the bike is some pretty good exercise. If it weren't for them rocks and hills, I'd be pretty good, haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom