hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Fe

Hey ya'll.

I live up here in Santa Fe, and do a lot of Single track technical Trail riding in the Buckman area, west of Santa Fe. We are talking tight turns, up hill with rocks, sand washes and lots of gas and brakes.

I used to live in Rio Rancho (Intel groupie) and I would ride the sand hills at the end of Southern Blvd. There is a dirt bike track out there too.

Is there any place in ABQ, or around there that has single track trails? I used to ride 9 Mile hill when I had a quad, but as someone posted, its kinda boring, especially compared to the technical single track.

If you guys are interested in single track, the Buckman area in Santa Fe has some awesome trails.

BTW, VD sold me his Yamaha WR250F. This bike has been a blast to ride. I've taken it to Moab and done some wild stuff there. I'm getting a little better now that I'm riding a bit more (more time to ride).

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
I think single track would be great practice! But since I am still working on that 250 powerband, I think that tight trails might just own the bejesus out of me if I tried. I like slightly wider trails,and really want to get into jumps a bit more so I can tackle an MX track soon.

Gabe, Yea the bike is still for sale. Still getting a few emails about it from my old ad. I don't remember if I got a call, but I was out of town for a funeral yesterday, and just have had an overall busy (busy may even be an understatement) week.

Definitely tell Kyle that if I missed his call it wasn't intentional. I can shoot him an email too if that would work for him. Or he could call and leave me a message and I would be happy to get back to him.

... Oh and my buddy is coming in Friday afternoon, and since I have killed it at work this week (go intel :coocoo: ) I think I will be taking off from work early to ride... I will post up tomorrow when I am more certain, cause it would be fun to meet you guys since I don't know anyone else up here who rides besides my girlfriend :cool:

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Nice, sounds like a trooper!

Hope everyone is getting good riding in... With school and work, I haven't even had time to troubleshoot my bike :( ... No spark...

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
I'll say, that's cool!

I hear ya, Alan. I haven't been out since school started, however I'd like to go this weekend sometime. Bike is still down? Did you rebuild/clean your carbs like you mentioned awhile back? Now no spark?

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
well, the Rekluse should be coming in today. THat will make things interesting.....

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
G FORCE said:
I'll say, that's cool!

I hear ya, Alan. I haven't been out since school started, however I'd like to go this weekend sometime. Bike is still down? Did you rebuild/clean your carbs like you mentioned awhile back? Now no spark?

Yea, the bike is totally ready to ride now, minus the spark. Can't quite figure it out. It was intermittent, and then now it doesn't work... Spark plug is known to be good, coil is known to be good, need to check the CDI and stator pickup. I wouldn't think the stator would easily go out though, so the pickup is a possibility, although it is rather sudden...

Also, I am thinking it could be an issue with the kill switch. Damn I just wish I had time to work on it! I wanted to go riding this weekend also, might just take the 125 out instead since I haven't sold it yet :cool:

We'll see how it all goes... School + work = my hell.

Steve, what is the Rekluse???

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Go to search, then advanced search, type in Rekluse, then select, "search titles only" in the drop down box.

Do some reading and you'll figure it out. It's basically an automatic clutch....but there is more to it than that...

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Rekluse. Sounds interesting. I guess I would need to feel one to be able to really understand its benefits, although it sounds pretty bad ass.

On a happy note, ITS ALIVE! Finally got some time to sit down and fix the spark issue! Goin' riding tomorrow!

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
W00t! Glad you fixed your bike up, Alan. I went riding last Saturday at Montessa, I really like that place now. I'd like to go ride Sunday morning or next Saturday for sure, we should plan something.

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Nice man, I would be down. I went last Sunday out to some land just north of espanola and did some trail riding, it was pretty fun, got to practice the wheelies :laugh: . Also got the girlfriend out on her TTR too.

Montessa would be good, or anywhere really, sounds like fun. Sunday would probably work. We can plan it when it gets closer :cool:

Actually scratch that, got a wedding this weekend... Damn! Next weekend! Sunday will be a play it by ear day...

Last edited:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Go here, http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx, and click on "Monday Kickstart: Freestone" Vanessa is from Edgewood,NM and rides out at Sandia MX on a regular basis....Super cool lady, and Hot to boot!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
And she is cool as hell! I do all her and her family's auto repairs.... Love to shoot the BS when she comes by with her Toyota!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Yep, My shop is down on Central and San Pedro, let me know if you ever need anything...

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Nice man, will do :cool:

Might need new pads soon in the explorer, and the check engine light, and maybe something with the alignment... With all the time I spend at work, school, and on 2 dirt bikes and a street bike, my rarely-driven explorer gets neglected...

I'll definitely have to remember you the next time I decide to take care of these things...

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Anyone interested in a ride next weekend? I got a packed schedule this weekend (and a trackday at smri :) ), but next weekend I should be good!

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
aaldape said:
Steve, what is the Rekluse???

What is the Rekluse, well....how 'bout I point you to my website, where I have plenty of pics.

The Rekluse instructions were right on the money. I even put in new Friction Plates, and they had a note in there about new Friction Plates. Simply awesome.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
BTW, a buddy of mine and I are doing some riding in the Buckman area this Saturday, at 7AM. So, if anybody in the area would like to hit the trials, come out out. If you don't know where the Buckman area is, let me know. Why so early, we're trying to get an early start to the day, before it gets too hot. When you get suited up and ready to ride, its pretty much 7:15 - 7:20.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I'll be out at the Puerco Dunes Saturday. A few friends and I are getting together for a fun ride day. Taking out three freestyle ramps, so it should be a good show if nothing else! Come on out and ride!

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Wish I could join you guys. Gonna be in Las Vegas watching my brother's football game and seeing the family.

That Rekluse sounds interesting. I'm curious how it feels trying to break your old habits of using the clutch...

Freestyle ramps huh? Take some pictures man! I'm definitely nowhere near ready for ramps. I am still trying to figure out smaller jumps, just don't know many good places to practice...

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
aaldape said:
I'm definitely nowhere near ready for ramps. I am still trying to figure out smaller jumps, just don't know many good places to practice...

Go out to the "Shack Track", and the "Northern" tracks in Rio Rancho. Plenty of smaller stuff to learn on, and they also have some bigger stuff. If you need directions, just let me know.....Matt

Top Bottom