G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
I am creating this thread so that we can have a place for the locals to post up and keep everyone updated on any meets, rides, or events coming up.

Riding stories, experiences, call outs, rants and raves, and general BS is tolerated and completely encouraged! :blah:

So with that, hopefully our NM guys can meet one another and do some riding sometime!

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
Woohoo! 1st post in thread!

Anyway, I was out at 9 mile yesterday with pops and gramps for a bit of riding. My buddy showed up to check things out a little later.

I am definetely getting the hang of this riding stuff and feeling more and more comfortable. I rode my dad's Suzuki 400 trl bike for the first time and really wasn't used to it after riding my bike. It's heavy and I don't like the 4 stroke powerband at all. :think: Unfortunately his bike started over-heating badly, which sux cause he just bought it used a couple weeks ago from a Honda dealer. He is going to talk with the sales guy and see what they can work out on possibly a new bike!

I know Matt was thinking about going out to Montessa yesterday, how did that go man?

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Nice, glad you guys had fun. I am anxious to get out there. Hopefully I can move stuff out of my garage and unpack so I can take care of the carbs on my bike... It is also leaking on the stator side gasket... Need to fix that too...

9 mile is the one over by I 40 right?

Oh, and Kyle was a cool guy. I was looking in the paper and found a 2002 cr125 for a good price, I wonder if that is the one he looked at also. Sounded like a good deal to me!

You got the KTM right G?

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
Which side of town did you move to, Alan? You'll have to let us know when you are ready to ride.

9 mile is just a bit west of 98th St and north of Central. It hasn't rained over there in a couple days and I think a lot of trucks have been churning up the sand so it was really loose but still fun.

I know he didn't buy a bike last night. I think he is really wanting a YZ and might hold out for one.

Yes, I do have an '04 KTM 125SX. My dad thought his 400 was faster than my 125...after riding both I am pretty sure mine is faster. :p

f1uffy

Jun 14, 2007
Woo hoo! A local thread! I just started riding myself. I have been out about 5 times to Montessa. So far I really like it. I think I am learning, hahaha. My advantage was riding a street bike for 7 years. Now I just need to pick up all the dirt skills. Yes, I must overcome my tendency to be a chicken too. -Geneva

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Nice G, sand is always good practice in confidence... You really think that 125 is faster than the 400 4stroke? I haven't ridden one, but I always assumed they were animals...

I moved over to the NE side of I-40 and Coors (previously lived near UNM). If you talk to Kyle tell him my price is negotiable. I wouldn't want to rip anyone off, just trying to free up space and get that bike ridden since I have my own, and my girlfriend rides something different now...

Sounds like 9mile is pretty close then, I will definitely have to hit it up soon. I haven't been up there yet, just out to Montessa and the end of Southern. I'm hoping to move crap out of the garage tonight and work on my bike tomorrow (hopefully some gasket sealant will do the trick for the time being).

Hey f1uffy, what street bike did you have? I got an SV650 (no beast by any means, but fun as hell)...

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
Hey Geneva, how do you like riding Montessa? Have your ridden anywhere else to compare it to? Girls that ride bikes are way up there on the cool scale! :cool:

Alan, I think I'M faster than he is cause that bike is 60 lbs heavier than mine plus he outweighs me by 50 lbs on top of that. :rotfl: But having ridden both, yes, I do think my 125 is faster with equal riders. I agree, the only thing harder than sand IMO is gravel :yikes:

Dang man you are right by 9 mile, hit it up and let me know so I can go to! How is out off Southern?

Gabe

P.S: Glad you guys are diggin' the NM thread.

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
I'll have to try out a 4stroke some day just to test the waters I guess...

But yea, that 125 we have is pretty damn fast too. If you know how to ride the powerband it'll easily stay with an average rider on a 250, or even beat a crappy rider like me on a 250 :)

Yea I am anxious to go. I am trying to get things together so I can ride a bit on Saturday, we will see... I thought southern was pretty bad ass. A lot of trails and it goes forever. Apparently if you know where you are going you can hit I 40 from back there...

f1uffy

Jun 14, 2007
Hey f1uffy, what street bike did you have? I got an SV650 (no beast by any means, but fun as hell)...

I ride a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 :ride:

I like Montessa fine. There are all kinds of trails and the quads generally stay away from me. I have not been any where else yet though.

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
Saturday would be awesome if you can get your bike in order. Don't worry, I am a crappy rider still so I won't be doing any passing!

Geneva, sweet bike! Looks like this?:
vulcan-500-ltd.jpg

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Nice Geneva :cool:

Here's Mine :)

DSCN0470.jpg

Yea, tonight I am going to town on the carbs with a can of carb cleaner, hopefully that is good enough to not have to totally take them apart...

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
I bet it's quite a rush to race a street bike, Alan. Let me know if you get your bike going, we were going to head out to 9 mile this afternoon probably about 4pm. My dad just bought a new '06 model CR250R :fft: so I'm pretty jealous! If you are up to it, head out there and look for a blue extended cab GMC Sierra or give me a call 489-6362

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Yea it is definitely a rush. Almost too much sometimes! But definitely fun!

I didn't get to my carbs last night, unfortunately (still unpacking stuff) but I plan on doing it today sometime, just to get it over with... If I get it done soon I'll give you a call though! Have fun out there if I don't make it!

Man, I bet that new cr is nice :cool:

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
Riding was good on Saturday, but there were too many quads. All they do is race up the hill, come back down, and race again. Boring :coocoo:

I'd like to try the spot out by Rio Rancho sometime or maybe try Montessa again.

My dad's CR is pretty sweet! It's got crazy power though, the low and mid is sick and scared the crap out of me. :ohmy: It's hard to keep the front end down on that bad boy.

Hey how come Matt and VD haven't chimed in here??

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Sorry for the delay fellas, I've been a busy little camper for the past week or so. I lost a couple weeks at work with a cast on the right arm, so that has me all backed up. Got the cast off weekend before last (with dykes! LOL!) so now I can get my work done, and get back on a bike. Rode about 5 laps last friday night out at Sandia MX.....decided to wait another week before riding again as I was quite sore after. At any rate, I'll hit you guys up when I plan on going out again. Matt

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I Broke my 5th metatarsal. It's the small bone between your pinky knuckle and wrist. I crashed in the whoops out at Sandia MX. I got a little to close to the edge of the bumps and my back end slid out resulting in a pretty good get off. I'm lucky that's the only thing I damaged! LOL! Matt

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
Ouch! How long were you in a cast for, Matt?

Thinking of heading out to Montessa early Saturday morning. Possibly out to Southern on Sunday.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Three weeks. Easiest heal I've had yet. I Rode out at Sandia MX today. The hand is feeling good. Not to sore. Got a little arm pump from not riding, but that's to be expected I guess. I don't think a Southern trip is in my immediate future though. Just the whoops at Sandia were kinda nagging on me. Southern is whoop heaven...or hell, depending on which trail you pick! LOL! I'll hook up with you guys though....I let VD abuse me a couple times, why would I treat you guys any different! Matt

Last edited:

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Hope you heal up quick man, sounds like you are.

I have a buddy from farmington coming into town this weekend and we planned to do some riding friday evening or saturday sometime. Maybe if I get things straight we can hook up for a while to ride it up :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Cool, Let me know. Send me a PM...

Top Bottom