Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Heard a rumor that this week will be the last edition of Cycle News. :whoa: Couldn't be more bummed. :(

Have been a subscriber since day one. Damn, Thursdays will never be the same. :|

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
That seems odd.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Where did you hear this???

I love reading CN and have since somewhere around 79 or 80.
And if I remember correctly CN was sold in two formats, one Western edition and one Eastern Edition.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Sorry to hear CN is on the ropes.

Getting the new CN was a highlight of my week for me when I subscribed for about a 10 year period.

Lots of great articles and race coverage. Loved Alan Cathcart's GP bike tests.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
They were working on putting all of the issues from the past 40+ years in an online form that could be searched and viewed. It makes sense that going to a purely electronic form would be the way to keep it going and still make a profit.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
This is the road many publications will have to take. I've lived through this a few times now with pubs that I worked on...e-book or flip book versions of the many magazines are unfortunately where things are headed. You'll now need a laptop in your bathroom for decent reading. It's a sign of the times...Subscriptions probably didn't even cover postage and advertising Dollars/budgets are slashed to next to nothing, especially in the power sports industry. :( bummer

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rich Rohrich said:
They were working on putting all of the issues from the past 40+ years in an online form that could be searched and viewed. It makes sense that going to a purely electronic form would be the way to keep it going and still make a profit.

Except that if it's on the internet, everyone things it should be free....

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
:|
:(
:think:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
They used some of Phil's photos two years ago, we never received a check. A year later they sent him a letter stating that they had some financial issues and were trying to get caught up paying all of their staff. We still haven't seen that check. They kept sending us renewal notices. I called them and asked if they could renew our subscription instead of cutting him his check. They said No and we never renewed our subscription.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Don't have the link but, it looks like they will continue with the online format. Just eliminating the printed version.

I guess life will go on.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
To what extent, remains to be seen, though. Glad to see some familiar names back there. I wish them the best! :nod: :cool: :ride:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Does this mean that I will get the remainder of my subscription????? (which I just paid in July). :(

I hope MAG can get it back up and running, I really miss it.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Rich Rohrich said:

I used to get the electronic version and I really liked it because I could read it anywhere.

I wish the dino media would figure out that the electronic version is often preferred and we could always print a copy if we wanted.

All they have to do is lower the subscription $$ a bit and they make more money because of $0 distribution costs and we get a better deal as well.

Top Bottom