wasted

Mar 14, 2004
I have a '97 RM250 bored to 265 and I noticed that when I wind the snot out of it, right after I let off the gas I get what sounds like a "tinny" chug sound, it only does it once in a while, just once, and just right after I let off the gas...it isnt loud and it doesnt have any effect on the way the bike runs, but it is something that is noticable...

I have it jetted good, maybe just slightly on the rich side, although I COULD maybe stand the next sized pilot, my airscrew is only 1/2 turn out...but it runs great, revs great, doesnt have any surging, hiccuping, coughing, or do anything else that would maybe indicate the jetting being off anywhere in the rev range, and the plug looks good at every stage in the rev range...

this is the first dirtbike I've had since I quite riding dirt in the mid '90's, I've had quite a few before that, and although I can't remember, and could very well be wrong, I cant think of any of my other bikes doing this...

is this something to be concerned about?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Well if you are looking at jetting and your problem is right after you wind it out, then the pilot jet and air screw aren't going to help you. Those two items only control the bottom 1/4 of the throttle. Do a plug check and see what you have. Might be some piston slap? Just guessing. No basis for that statement. For all I know it could be one of your pipe springs rattling around.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom