MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I've been on here since 1999 (can't believe it's been that long), and made some good friends and riding buddies here. I thought I'd use this forum one more time to give an update of what's most recently happened in my life.

The past 3 weeks I was plaqued with cumulative joint issues in my arm, left knee and lower back. Having overcome that finally, I was hit with a double-whammy on Wednesday.

First I got a call from Mayo Clinic to say I have to go back out "sooner rather than later" for some tests. I get a blood test every 3 weeks to monitor my liver transplant status, and one of the enzymes has been steadily climbing since January. They were hoping it would taper off, but now it's pretty high and could cause other issues. They highly suspect my inferior vena cava, the really big vein between your legs and heart, has pinched off slightly. This sometimes happens in liver transplants. If so, they need to fix it because it's life threatening.

Right after that, I was let go from my job of 12 years. I was very successful at this company, provided a lot of new business, but since I came back from my transplant that had all benn forgotten, and it was basically a living hell there daily. It's finally over. While I'm a total wreck as everyone is when this happens, I'm glad the troubles I've had with my boss are finally over.

Thanks for all of the support you've given in the past, and I hope to get back on the trail of life and dirt riding really soon.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
Mark, (I dont say things like this lightly, so take notice).

If there is ANYTHING I can do for you, let me know. I know we've never met, but I'll be more than happy to help you out in whatever way I can. You're a good guy and it sux that crap like this seems to always happen to good people. I have your contact info... I'll be in touch.

-Scott

MWEISSEN said:
I've been on here since 1999 (can't believe it's been that long), and made some good friends and riding buddies here. I thought I'd use this forum one more time to give an update of what's most recently happened in my life.

The past 3 weeks I was plaqued with cumulative joint issues in my arm, left knee and lower back. Having overcome that finally, I was hit with a double-whammy on Wednesday.

First I got a call from Mayo Clinic to say I have to go back out "sooner rather than later" for some tests. I get a blood test every 3 weeks to monitor my liver transplant status, and one of the enzymes has been steadily climbing since January. They were hoping it would taper off, but now it's pretty high and could cause other issues. They highly suspect my inferior vena cava, the really big vein between your legs and heart, has pinched off slightly. This sometimes happens in liver transplants. If so, they need to fix it because it's life threatening.

Right after that, I was let go from my job of 12 years. I was very successful at this company, provided a lot of new business, but since I came back from my transplant that had all benn forgotten, and it was basically a living hell there daily. It's finally over. While I'm a total wreck as everyone is when this happens, I'm glad the troubles I've had with my boss are finally over.

Thanks for all of the support you've given in the past, and I hope to get back on the trail of life and dirt riding really soon.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Wow Mark, a double whamee. I know you will get through this bro. Im sure that you will be able to get a new job and the new company will be glad to have you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, for a speedy recovery and a new job. Does this mean you wont be able to ride in the near future? Please keep us posted on your condition and when you will be headed for Rochester.
Curtis

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'll be headed to Mayo Jun 25 for tests and results the 26 and 27.

I'm going to just cool it for the next week and try to get my head screwed on straight.

I'm not going to start using the placement services until July 5, so if all goes well at Mayo.

I will be getting rides in between then and now. A trip on my 950 to Baldwin and beyond is due really soon. A couple days of fly fishing, some dirt biking are still in order.

Scott, I hope to hear from you. Stacey's talked to me about you. I've been helping her get her bike straightened around. She's got a really weird problem with the front end, which I'm going to post about here a little later.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
MWEISSEN said:
I'll be headed to Mayo Jun 25 for tests and results the 26 and 27.

I'm going to just cool it for the next week and try to get my head screwed on straight.

I'm not going to start using the placement services until July 5, so if all goes well at Mayo.

I will be getting rides in between then and now. A trip on my 950 to Baldwin and beyond is due really soon. A couple days of fly fishing, some dirt biking are still in order.

Scott, I hope to hear from you. Stacey's talked to me about you. I've been helping her get her bike straightened around. She's got a really weird problem with the front end, which I'm going to post about here a little later.
Godzuki and I are going to be riding the little O on sunday, maybe if your up to it....

Bonnie keeps bugging me about your field. :debil: maybe we can get together tomorrow or sometime soon.

whats up with Stacey's bike? Other than someone keeps stealing the air from her tires. :laugh:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Great offer! I'd love to ride Little O, but I've got a fam reunion in Lansing on Saturday. Don't know what Sunday's going to bring yet, my wife was going to go see her brother who's in from LA, but now we're not sure. I'll let you know more about Sunday.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Man Mark...When it rains it pores dont it. You've overcome worse. Youll pull thru this as well. Life has a way of working itself out. If there is anything I can do to help just say the word.

Riding can wait. Your health and well being comes 1st. The bikes will be there when your ready.

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Hang in there Mark,I'm sure better days are coming. I've heard the saying" into everyone's life a little rain must fall" but not a thunderstorm. If you are out with the 950 an want some company on those back roads, give me a shout and the XR will be ready to roll! Take care.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Mark my prayers are with you! Things like this have a weird way of working out for the better. Your one of the great people of this world, Thing's will work out! Just hang in there old buddy, we need to get together and go ride old twisty or something?

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
man i feel bad for ya, but if there is one thing that me out of all people can say is thing do come around, yea it may take awhile for some(me) and it may seem like there is a never ending black cloud following you around (yea me again), but in the end thing have always worked out for the better(not inlcuding my screwed up procircuit Ti-4 system for the 450, well yet at least). like they said get better first then get back in it, the bikes will always be ready. i hope to ride with ya soon.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
WOw - Mark, one thing you have ABSOLUTELY proven is that you are a survivor - there is no question about that. You will come out on top of this. While I have not had the health issues you have, I have been down a similar employment trail - not fun - but dont blame yourself. Learn from it, and find that next place to work.

Our prayers are with you. Please let us know if we can do anything for you. You (and the whole family) are welcome to stop by Camp Chaos if you need a spot to take a break. Hey, I even have a job for you - you could be Assistant Head Counselor at Camp Chaos! Pay isnt much (uh...nothing actually), but it would be fun!

Mike

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Hey Mark from across the world! I'm sorry to hear about the job. So much for Grand Haven eh :blah: I don't miss working there too much (except for summer at the beach). I've been lurking around this board since 99 too, I've had a few "name" changes since then. I started in when I lived in the soo. You'll remember who I am, fishing on the betsie should ring a bell. I'll be looking for a job this time next year as my 30 years active duty will come to an end summer 07. That's when the military "gives you the boot". Even if I get offered a stay past 30 I don't know if I could leave my farm in Muskegon. Here's what: Hope to fish/ride/whatever when I get home. Keep on doing what you do best.

John

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Tough break, Mark. Hang in there and take care of #1. You have a large family here on DRN so don't hesitate to ask for something.
Brian

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Mark,
I've only met you briefly at KTM Mikes last fall, but that weekend will last a life time. Good luck on the future. Hope to see you at CC this year!

CR250R
Mike K.

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
Mark, you are in Jennifer and mine's prayers'.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Hey Mark, I hope everything went well for you at Mayo.
Curtis

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Curtis,
Thanks. I had all of my tests today, I'll know the results tomorrow at 9:30, and get the doctor's advice at 3pm.

Top Bottom