Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
sounds like fun! i just got my rear shock rebuilt and would like to test it out.
I'm not a very good rider, so.... if ya dont mined me tagging along i might be able to make it.
what part of Octillo Wells you ride at?

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Sound like a good idea... are you leaving Friday? It must take a while to get there from Santa Paula I would think, but perhaps I'm clueless as usual!

O.W's isn't that big Steve, you can ride the whole park in a day, territory-wise. Perhaps not every trail, but... now that I think of it, that could be a good challenge!

Don't worry about your ability, it's all pretty much flat unless you choose to climb a hill. In which case you can test and hone your skills at Shell Reef with less rocks than other areas ('R-ocotillo'!!!).

I can probably bail out noonish Friday, and try and score a gazebo. They're usually all taken by Sat. Or do you folks have trailer/motorhome style?

Lemme know...

btw, Are you familiar with the area?

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
do you folks have trailer/motorhome style? btw, Are you familiar with the area?

i will only stay for the day and dont have a motorhome or trailer, im still ruffing it (the last one in are group)
im pretty familiar with the area but dont camp in the campground (blow sands area) i usually camp by blew inn by san felipe wash.
there is allot of different riding areas, split mountain (fun) ride to salton sea, devils slide, plus all the other places to ride to like pumpkin patch, baseball patch, mud hills or go to the other side by district 38
just dont ask me to get you to any of those place's it's been awhile since ive been there. :)

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Hey Nick & Steve, I'm going with Fast Eddy & Garbo so far. We'll be in a 96 white Chev PU extended cab 4x2, and going to tent it. Either be in Fri night or Sat morning. Ed kept his trailer down there for years and said we'll go to Homes Camp off wolf Well rd. Look for my 02 CRF450, Ed's purple 92CR500, and Garbo's 03 Gray Cannondale 440.
We usually do 75 mile loops or so, bring extra gas, lunch, dinner and a sleeping bag. ha ha!

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Cool, haven't camped at Holmes in a while. Must be a big tank on that 500 huh? And a Cannondale... I'll have to see if Eric can make it with his Maico. I think it's an '02, supposedly 1 of 3 in the U.S.A. but who knows... Not too sure if I have 75 mile range or not. I do know that last time we went to the sea, we were on fumes. How far is that from Ranger station do you think? No worries though, either way. ...N

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Hey Steve check with Nick on the location he knows where it is. I have a 3.3 on my CRF and can go 80+ miles. We may not go that far but you don't want to be the one to hold up the possie. Most people with stock tanks bring extra gas... coolant or Clorox bottles work and some places sale blatters that will hold gas. I usually put it in a backpack then dump it soon as possible, try not to smoke while riding.
Chris

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i checked out a map of the ocotillo area, i found the location of holmes camp ground, it's been awhile since i been in this area. i probably wont go on the ride with the pack. but if you see me (black dodge 1500 xcab with kx250) stop on by for a beer. i will probably will be out saturday morning

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Hey Nick, what are you doing in my neck of the woods? (Ontario) Did you ever find your phone? Next time we gotta meet at a place I can actually find!

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Hey Steve, we can turn back together, I'm on a kx too. Might be a solo trip for me, my buds are backing out, or trying to. Oh well, done it before, prob'ly do it again! '92 white Toyota cheapy p/u and '97 Pro Circuit 250. No numbers. ...N

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Oops missed you there in the posting process Mr. A! What a coincidence, eh! ;-) Nope, never found it, but I got another from my boss since he figured I HAD to have one... :-( Price is right though. Same # too, but I lost all my stored #'s.

Anyway, I have a treadmill delivery from Sport's Authority, and then I have to build some stuff in the store. Too much fun. I'm trying to put it off until next week sometime.

You close to there? It's in that mall on I-15 and 4th street. I think it's called "Ontario Mills" or something like that...

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Yeah, I'm kinda close to the Ontario Mills, just south a bit, off the 60 freeway. Sucks about losing all your numbers, I've been afraid of that happening to me. I'll give you a call, so you can get my number again. Enjoy the Mills!

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Right on, one more # retored. Thanks Andrew! Talk to you soon.

I don't know about where you are, but it's a perfect morning here in SB. It could only be better in one other place. I don't think I feel well... I think I have to go... To the dez!!!

Darn I wish I could leave right now. I could just go and get some pallets... Oh-oh, this is getting dangerous... Then again maybe I CAN leave now :)

Gotta go, check back in a while.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
im planing on leaving saturday morning with the brother in law (he has a 250r three wheeler) hopefully we will be there around 10:00 am
give me a call on my cell @ we can hook up for a beer or a ride if ya dont mind riding with a three wheeler :0
i will be parked at the Holmes camp ground

Last edited:

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
We should already be there. So your brother-in-law has a 3 wheeler, does he also sport a mullet haircut??? Juuuuuuuuust kidding!
Stop in and say hi!

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
I just got home from major driving... My bed sounds good for tonight so I'll see you tomorrow or Sunday. I think I might plan on staying Sun night too.

Hey Andrew, if you're checking in, do you know anything about that big area East of the Outlet Mall there in Elsinore? I think the offramp, or one of 'em is Baxter Rd. It looks ridden and it's a big area. I'd like to go 'splorin'!

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Well, my trip lasted about 15 minutes. My friend broke his right femur into 3 pieces right out of the box. Sorry I missed you guys. Gonna go see him before surgery now. He'll be setting off the metal detectors :(

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
Hey Steve, did you ever hook up with dirtjunkie, et. al.?
yes, we spoke briefly, but didnt ride together. they were pretty much done with their first ride when we got there. they still rode farther than my range on the KX, sorry to hear your ride was cut short. it was a great day at the desert!!

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Hey great place guys! We made about 125 miles the first day some of it at night. Then only 50 on Sunday. Eddy t-boned someone on a older CR and smashed his new pipe on Sunday and crashed two more times. We were in the mud hills in the section the is like a toboggon run. I wouldn't stay in the camp ground again, way to many idots. I thought I was home in Hungrey Valley for a moment.
Chris

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom