Oil leaking out of exhaust manifold

RM250-M

Sep 19, 2008
Hello
I am new to workin on any bike. I own a 91 rm 250. When i bought it it has always spit oil out of the pipe and leaks where the pipe meets the head... yeah ... stupid buy.. it bogs down in first and second but spools nicely in third and up. any ideas or suggestions as to the problem and remedies to fix .. THanks

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Spend $150 and rebuild the top end. Then read up and absorb as much as you can about fuel/oil mixtures and how to jet the engine properly. You will find the bike you wanted when you first bought this one.

It may not have been a bad buy...judging from the spooge leaks is not a good practice, as even a new bike can throw out oil everywhere. It is all in how well the bike is metering the fuel mixture with air, and then burning it as efficiently as possible.
An engine that has parts that are within specs, and having the fuel/oil/air mixture proper when the flame sees it, will run as good as it can run no matter the year or condition of the chassis.

You will find a treasure trove of information here that can help get your bike running like a champ. And in the process you will gain priceless knowledge.
You may have to invest some time in learning, but if you are passionate about our sport, it will be more a joy, than a task.

Top Bottom