BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Well, here it comes again. They are predicting a major catastrophe over the next few days with the upcoming storm. We live along a line that is predicted to get 2 inches of ice/freezing rain/sleet follow by up to a foot of snow.
The Governor made a warning last nite and many area schools have already decided to close. This "global warming" crap is freezing my cahonies off! The ground is still saturated from the Christmas blizzard and now more! For once in a long time, I hope the weatherman blows this forecast!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good luck with it Brian and all Okies... to include all the family we've got up there.
Hope you are stocked-up and have the generator primed.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Brian, the forcast that I saw put you in the bulls eye for the worst of it. I'm hoping for rain straight to snow but we shall see.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We're stocked up, Dad's motorhome is in the back yard with full fuel tanks and propane. Trying to decide whether to attempt to go into work today. This looks to be a real bad one.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
We've had a strange winter. An assload of snow followed by an inch of ice and another 6 inches of snow. Then 50 degrees and rain. Now 25 degrees and another 6 inches of snow, more to come with colder temps this weekend. Like a roller coaster ride.......forecast for next monday? 55...wtf?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm ready this time. i now have a four-wheel drive truck, i have two generators, gas, marine batteries with inverters, flashlights, space heaters, kerosene heater, propane tent heater, and i got a rick of wood yesterday. in the last two ice storms, i spent a total of eight days without power and the only heat i had was my gas range stovetop.

it was 60 degrees here yesterday.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
2strokerfun said:
Supposed to drive from Tulsa to Ponca City tomorrow morning. Guess I'll leave the dirt bike at home......
Be careful!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Three hours to Ponca. Three hours back. Double the normal time. Couldn't see the road a lot of times. This and the storm didn't turn out near as bad as they predicted, thank goodness. Can't wait for Mister Sun to visit Mister Snow and Miss Ice.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Yeah, we squeaked by this one. 3/8" of ice with 5"+ of snow on top. Seems we have to have ice before we get snow!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Good to hear. We got all snow up here.