Jun 22, 2005
my ex- mother in law sold my 12 year old son and i a 1974 suzuki gt 185 2 stroke twin for 40 dollars. It has been in the weather for about 7 + years. but we took it home, popped off the heads, and a few cans of WD 40 later we were able to turn the engine over. we cleaned everything including, carbs, tank, and oil injectors. we put the little battery charger on and 2 new plugs from pep boys, some new fuel lines, (fish tank tubing) a little fuel, and to our surprize... it fired right up !!! we ordered a new battery from bike bandit and took off all the un necessary chrome & street stuff, well he is really learning how to feather the clutch to take off, but its all good. we are looking for a new (old) dirt bike project now. this is the ultimate type of bonding a dad and son can have. :ride:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Rick :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the General Bike Repair forum for good info and great folks always willing to help out, answer questions or just offer support.

Yuo hit the nail on the head, dirt biking is a family sport. Enjoy!

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Oct 10, 2004
If you want to do up an old bike togeather they are all pretty simple to work on. You can pick up old late 70's bikes that have a monoshock for dirt cheap probably only a few hundred dollars. And trust me you want good suspension I take a beating on mine every time i go riding

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom