pat567

Oct 26, 2002
went riding with littlejeff and jeremy @ tahuya on sunday.had a lotta fun exploring the howell lake loop trail.jeremy kicked our butts,littlejeff and I are about the same speed.I havent rode hard in awhile and man em I sore.its tough being old and fat,had fun /tory and I hope to tie in with a group ride again.happy holidays

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I went home and took a 2hr nap. I what whooped! I had a lot of fun though. I'd have to say the highlight of the ride was the singletrack with all the roots. Well, if you can call that singletrack. It didn't seem like it was too much fun for everyone else though. Oh well. Maybe next time out we can ride 100% singletrack! :p Hope to get another ride in with you guys again real soon!

Jeremy

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
Yeah, I would say that Jeremy was whooping all over Pat and I. What's up with that Jeremy? Slow down for us old farts. Ha Ha! I wouldn't mind doing that loop again. Didn't like the Randy's H20 trail to much, to tight for me, I like room to breathe, roots and the rocks were fun though on that trail.Maybe after the holidays, we can hook up again and try another loop, maybe overland trail that heads out toward Sand hill and back. Check your maps. Looks pretty long. Hope Tory wasn't to badly beaten up, I know I was dead tired when I got home, then to have to get up at 4:30AM the next morning to go to work just really sucked. As of Dec 23rd till Jan 7th, I will be on furlough collecting unenjoyment, time to catch up on sleep.
Keep in touch guys
Little Jeff

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Sorry, just remind me to keep the pace down next time. :p It gets easier the faster you go. Once you can skip several roots/rocks at a time, you don't get beat up as much. What wore me out the most was the ride back where we were going slow and I hit EVERYTHING.
Jeff, the Overland trail isn't as long as it looks. The pace is pretty quick so it goes by fast. That, to me, means more chance of a head on. That trail is better saved for less crowded rides. It is a good ride though. There are some good new trails that head off from Overland that I'm sure you'd like. We never did hit the NW passage. Maybe if you guys weren't so darn OLD!!!! :yeehaw:

Jeremy

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Was that smack I hear, Jeremy? Thats no way to talk to your elders.

If you live long enough you will have the privlege of being old and gray. :) we'll have to hook up and ride a bit of the tighter single track over there. Somthing like Tommy but more sustained would be good. I think I know just the place.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Hey, why weren't you there? I thought you were coming? I got there early hoping to hook up and hit some of that singletrack you keep talking about. We do need to hook up there. Let me know when works for you!

Jeremy

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Well I guess you guys wouldn't want to go with me since jeremy and I ride at the same pace but I have to tell ya though man I'll probably be faster on my 250F my corner speed on it is like 10 times faster than I was on my 125. But I'm sure your much faster on your kx than you was on your xr. So am I ever gonna be able to get ya to come out and ride some MX with me :)

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Joe, you won't find me doing any MX races. Not my thing. I am up for practices though. As long as it isn't run in "motos". You need to come out and ride offroad. Why don't you come down to Tahuya? I MIGHT be coming up to Reiter on Sunday, but it depends a lot on the weather.

Jeremy

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Well thats what I meant was practice cause I know your not huge on racing mx. I got to get ya to come do a ward creek practice sometime the track is actually quite easy but its alot of fun. I no longer practice beginer thier cause last time I lead everyone in the first beg practice for 15 mins in an 18 min moto. I would take ya to the track in vantage but its really tough so it wouldn't be any fun for ya but you would totally dig on ward creek its wide open and the hardest jump is at the top of a long up hill so if you keep you speed up you'll clear the double with ease.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Joe, I don't mind if a track is hard, as long as the practice isn't run in motos. The "practice" ends up being a race. They are too expensive for me too. But I want to get out on a track soon. Last time I rode was was Capital forrest right before they closed.

Jeremy

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Jeremy, I thought you were going to race more MX? You were talking about it back when you had the XR, and now that you have the "right" bike to do it you're going to pansy out? What's up with that?

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
lol ouch that was harsh :) but now that ya mention it I do remember him complaining about the xr not being mx worthy enough. Just don't tell the guy who raced a stock one at albany sx in 250 jr and was like top 5! Btw I just go in the mail my CMC license renewal and the new Pac West schedule. Well the dates are about the same but they are at new venue's first race is still Albany, Then Madras OR (mt view?) then washougal and the last race is showing for Monroe (skyriver) looks like they finally got the grant from the city to hold races there.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey I was just teasing, boys. You did indeed tell me you wanted to race at SIR, I clearly remember it. I was trying to tell you how much it sucked.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Oh yes, SIR. I did want to race there for a while. I remember wanting to race the entire summer series. Not anymore though. However, an open practice, with only a few people would be fun. :)

Jeremy

Top Bottom