VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Woo Hoo!
Call the pizza truck and kick a keg over in the trough. :)

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I think its friday. I wish they would play one of the revisted ones from the 80's and 90's. I have not seen them.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I own it on video, but I wil watch it on
speedchannel anyway. Last time they showed some outtakes and a good interview with Bruce Brown, Just wanna watch Malcom ride and hear him say "neat".

Johnrock

Jul 27, 1999
Beaverton, OR
According to my digital cable guide, Speed is also showing the new Bruce Brown video "Malcom, Motocross, and More" on Saturday night, after OAS.

Check your local listings....... :cool:

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Thanks Senior, I've always wanted to see it. They used to have it at the local video store but someone rented it and must have decided they really like it cuz they never brought it back.

Johnrock

Jul 27, 1999
Beaverton, OR
According to Speedchannel's website, it is actually OAS Revisited, followed by Malcom, Motocross, and More that is showing Saturday night.

Guess my on-screen guide is hosed.... :think:

Click Here for Saturday's schedule.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Even though that movie was made two years before I was born I think it is one of the two best cycle flicks of all time. The other of course being Easy Rider.

Steve

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I just saw the ad and came here to post it but Senior KX Rider beat me to it. I will be tuning in, it translates to 5pm mountain time.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Jschner, that's a great idea. I sent feedback to speedchannel thanking them and putting in my vote for other dirtbike related programming.

As I said, the last time I saw that movie was about 20 years ago and really the only specific scene that I remembered was this one... A slo-mo scene of a small jump, from behind the rider. The narrator comments on how this rider is landing somewhat awkwardly on his back tire, and then he gives a precise twist of the trottle to correct his balance and change his line. I must have really appreciated that at 10 years of age because that's what stuck in my mind, but I didn't see it last night. Is my imagination running wild and that scene never existed, or did I get up for another beverage at the wrong time?

jschner

Jan 3, 2002
You weren't dreaming. I watched it last night and I remember when they had the European Riders runnning by. The narrator said almost your exact words as they had the camera on the guy from the rear. He got squirrly and blipped the throttle and it straightened him back out.

I just like how well Malcolm Smith rode. He was so smooth and seem slow but just creamed everyone. Even on the hill climb he did very well with a stock bike and rode down the hill while others climb down. The guy is phenominal. I was wonder what he could do if he was in his prime with modern day bikes.

Even though the movie is showing it's age it is still plain awesome.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
remember this line "she said, either that movie go'es or I go! I''' sure miss her" I know just how he feels. very good flick.

Top Bottom