WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
This may be a little premature, but I’m just wondering how much interest there is in holding a DYDR off-road poker run?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
*Etherical voice on*
Run it, and they will come. . .
*voice off*
I'm in.
Was there any doubt?:)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
The poker run would consist of a hare scrambles style course 3 to 5 miles in length. Each participant would complete a lap and draw a card. After five laps, best hand wins. In case of a tie(s) there would be a one card “draw-off” until a winner is declared.

The beauty of this is it doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to mark the course. We could probably make a weekend out of it by marking the course on Saturday and having a potluck dinner that evening, share some good bench racing stories over a campfire then hold the poker run on Sunday.

Ideally we’d want to hold this event on private land with enough space for a long course. This would probably cost some money for a land-use fee and course markings. We might also have to obtain insurance and definitely rent a portacan. If this sounds like something everyone would be interested in, let’s get some ideas going here.

jib

Jan 23, 2000
A poker Run sounds like a good time . I have done them on the street bike before but never off road. Bill, have you talked to anybody about useing CATRA land ? I won't be able to make Aprils meeting but should be at the work day on the following Sunday . Heh he , Jib is still loged on here , boy could I do some damage to his good name .:debil:

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Steve (jib? :p) - There's not much difference. You can either have a hare scramble type course and pull a card each lap or an enduro type course with multiple check points to pull a card. Catraland is a very good possibility. I'll have to check into the details though. Just don't let BRush lay out one of those Roger courses! :eek:

Peer - We'd welcome our neighbors from the North, eh?

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by Peer Lovell
If its anywhere in NY State I could get a bunch of guys to come down from Ontario. Keep us posted.

Count me in as one of those guys :)

jib

Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by KTM Pete
Where the hell is Niskayuna??
In deep doodoo now that Woodsrider moved thier .It's also in the Albany area. CATRA land is club land owned by the Capitol Area Trail Riders Ass.

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Not much difference between road and off-road poker run rules. There's definitely a difference between Steve and Mike... one of you is a whole lot faster. ;)

jib

Jan 23, 2000
You're right !

Originally posted by WoodsRider
Not much difference between road and off-road poker run rules. There's definitely a difference between Steve and Mike... one of you is a whole lot faster. ;)
Steve is .:debil:

jib

Jan 23, 2000
There's definitely a difference between Steve and Mike... one of you is a whole lot faster.

don't forget better looking, and knows how to use spell check.:D

Looks Like I'm gonna have to start logging out LOL..
Steve, nice job on my profile.:scream:

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Re: You're right !

Originally posted by jib
Steve is .:debil:
... faster at breaking something on his bike!
... faster at hitting the ground with his body!
... faster at... no wait, that's being premature! :moon:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
My eyes weren't closed, I just could see past all that roost your 520SX was throwing up! :scream:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You guys mean you're supose to keep you eyes open :scream: That explains a few things :confused:

Like why I spent the day riding the Couchmaster 250 instead of my RM. :whiner:

Last edited by a moderator:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
:moon: Come on woods , answer the question . Wich is worse , getting stuck behind a roosting four wheeler or behind Moses on a KTM when he parts the brown sea ?

:eek:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Actually what's worse would have been sitting at home riding a Couchmaster 250.

Second was not taking advantage of a prime opportunity to use you for traction at that creek crossing just because I'm a nice guy. Remember though, we're racing in the same class and my attitude changes when I put on that race face. :p

The quad was a close second... thankfully I had plenty of tear-offs. :confused:

Moses wasn't bad, but must've been funny as hell from way back where you were. :moon:

Top Bottom