ouch...warning: get your lazy butt off the couch and go ride!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Okay, this season I have only ridden "hard core" in the dirt a few times. Among other excuses, I participated in a few "motard" type events on pavement, and it gets old changing wheels and tires around.

So last Saturday, Jake, Steve and I finally went on a trip to Millville (MN), rode on an mx track with big jumps for a few hours. No major mishaps, although there was the occasional "coming up short or long" on a jump.

My back muscles are toast! This was a total shock to my system. In a few days i'll be back to normal, but if that had been the first day of dirtweek, I would have spent half the week very sore and unable to tie my shoes.

So, for you slackers such as myself, get off the couch and go ride! Wake up those muscles and joints!

Note: I will accept beer as "thanks" during dirtweek...see me at the campfire :eek:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I haven't ridden since Nocona after the Dallas SX. Cry me a river.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I've ridden twice since Reno. I think it's too late to get in shape now I'll just have to rely on my superior skills and intense determination. :rotfl:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I've been attempting to kick my own butt on my bicycle or walking almost every night since I haven't had time to ride...haven't ridden since Wardy's (and won't until DW) so I need to get my rear into some serious shape between now and then...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I haven't ridden since this June, and I'm old now so it's like 5 years time in dog years or somethin' like that. I'll have a 5 gallon pail of Tylonol at my camp.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
squeaky said:
. . . so I need to get my rear into some serious shape between now and then...
Yeah, get that thing in shape cuz I'll probably be behind you. :laugh:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I feel better now, i'm obviously not alone.

Dirtweek '02- my thoughts after a few laps on the big mx track:
Holy $%^& what a cool track with lots of fun jumps! I want to ride and ride and ride until somebody stops me...

Dirtweek '03- my thoughts after a few laps on the same track:
I remember these jumps, they are a lot of fun! I think this one takes 3rd gear with about this much throttle...ouch! uhhh, boy...I don't remember it feeling like that when I landed! Maybe i'll try that woods loop again...

hopefully, this year will be more like '02 than '03 for me!

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I'll bring MX unleashed for playstation 2, and beat all your butts!!! last ride was sometime in july. I tried to beat my time around the park, and it cost me another jersey! a dumb mistake, and a BIG tree!

Top Bottom