Oversive brake disc for 02 CR's?

MobyP

Sep 25, 2000
What do you guys think about aftermarket brake disc? I tend to drag my rear brakes and it over heats from time to time. I was considering the braking wave rear disc. The rear brake disc is the same size as the OEM, but because of it's braking wave design, it tend to be able to take higher temperture. Any comments on this?

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
I have a 02 Honda CR250 and I run the Braking Wave rotors. The front Wave is oversize and the rear is the standard size. The rotors work great. I have had no overheating problems with my brakes.

Dave Wood

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Dave,
How does the Wave rotor compare to the other oversize rotors? Is it worth the extra expense (I don't know exact pricing - I'm assuming it's on the higher end)? I'm looking for a bit more front brake on my '99 WR.... The combined weight of the bike and me seems to be a bit outside the design parameters of the stock brake - especially on long downhills.......

Thanks,
Brian

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
The oversize Wave (299.90) improves performance over the stock rotor and the "traditional" style Braking oversize rotor. I can't comment on other manufacturers products, I have not tried them. For your Yamaha, I would get the Wave and I would buy a "CR" routing style, braided steel brake line (shorter). Use Braking CM or SM pads. The increased braking performance and feel is worthwhile.

Dave Wood

Top Bottom