Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Hey, any of you spodes hear anything about the supposed track at Paragon? I remember someone saying something after last years ride that they wre supposed to build a MX track and have some camping available. Last years SpodeFest absolutely kicked ass, but camping onsite would have made things even better. A MX track would put the icing on the cake. I got worked in the woods pretty bad, just wanted to show my wood going friends the MX track :p :p

Is it May yet?

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
There was alot of talk about it.I'll check their website to see if there are any updates or maybe we can PM Trigger to see whats going on. Any type of riding is good for me! , Knobbie is looking forward to this seasons rides. Hope you had a good holiday Huck. :thumb:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Scooter said that thery are still working on a layout. You can eamil him but I will check with him too. It would be great to have some MXing for the fest in May :)

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by knobbiethrower
There was alot of talk about it.I'll check their website to see if there are any updates or maybe we can PM Trigger to see whats going on. Any type of riding is good for me! , Knobbie is looking forward to this seasons rides. Hope you had a good holiday Huck. :thumb:

I had a decent holiday, how about yourself? Is that a 525 KTM I see under your name? Oh geeez. Another fun bike to ride come May :) I am getting rid of the RM, have my eye on a nice YZ400, hopefully that works out. If not I'll be one something.. Cause I ain't missing this.. That would be killer if they had atleast some kind of MX track there. Thats all I have been doing this past year...

PATHUMPERGUY

Dec 13, 2001
if paragon does'nt have the moto track up and running this spring there is another ride park about a 1/2 hr. down the hiway called rausch creek.the place offers some trails but the real action is the 5 tracks and a hare scrambles track.a real nice place that will definitely challenge you with the supercross track.waiting for spring...

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Sorry guys, although they are hoping to have some tracks done this year, there will not be any MX tracks by May.  I was at Paragon the past 2 weeks with the snowmobile, and with over a foot of snow on the property, they have other things to deal with and aren't able to work on MX tracks.

I added a few pictures of the snow at Paragon in "my pictures" link below.  they are in the album "Paragon III if anyone is interested.

Dan

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm OK with no MX at Paragon for now. As long as it's in the plan.

Don't you have to be a member at Raush Creek or be a guest to ride? Last I heard the members could only have a limited # of guests

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
you don't need to be a mamber to ride at Rausch Creek.  The cost is $30 a day.   Tower City is where you are thinking of that you need to be a member or a guest of a member.

Dan

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Hrm, I could definently go for some MX riding. Woods and trails are great, but I like keeping the tires off of the ground :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Huck,
There is a real nice MX practice trak in Montrose, PA called MX573. Their web site is http://www.mx573.com

It is 30 mins from Binghamton. This place is perfectly groomed and the guy is constantly working on it with a stone rake. I've talked to him before about a group rate if enough of you are interested. He has camping on site and a little store with food and bike parts.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by RM_guy
Huck,
There is a real nice MX practice trak in Montrose, PA called MX573. Their web site is http://www.mx573.com

It is 30 mins from Binghamton. This place is perfectly groomed and the guy is constantly working on it with a stone rake. I've talked to him before about a group rate if enough of you are interested. He has camping on site and a little store with food and bike parts.

Now that sounds like an idea. What about that Eagle's place you guys went to last year? Sorry forgot the name but remembered the pics...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Eagle Bridge was nice but it's 3+ hours from Binghamton. I did like it there because they had a nice GP style track and a supercross track.

MX573 has two track too but one of them is a pee wee track.(for Woodsrider :p) Another nice thing about MX573 is that there is a real good watering system in place that he uses when ever the dust starts to kick up.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
MX573 has two track too but one of them is a pee wee track.(for Woodsrider :p)
EBMX (Eagle Bridge) also has a pee wee track along with 1.5 miles of woods. And those jumps on the pee wee track really scare the :uh: out of me.

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
How about we set a date to rent out MX573? Find out what number of people we'll need and prices. I'd definitly be interested in that.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
That sounds like a great idea. I'd love to ride some MX, camp then ride some more MX :) MX573 is even closer to me than Paragon is.. Probably about 1.5 hours closer :)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
RMDUSTER71,
I don't think you'll need to worry about it for at least a month or morte until the snow up there stops. I would check at any local bike shop they should be able to hook you up with info.
Welcome to the great white north. :moon:

RMDUSTER71

Mar 27, 2001
I've already gone that route and did not get much info. Maybe it's because i'm the new guy on the block. Like every where else there is alot of posted and private ground up here. I'm used to huge trail systems in Colorado. I will keep searching!!!!

Top Bottom