Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I threw-out some ratical views, thought for sure someone would react strongly, rather, all mellow replies or some that just chose (aparently) not to reply at all. I knew we could pull this off! One thing is for sure, it would have lasted only minutes out in the open.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I don't know anything about France...except that my ancestors came to America from France. :o   But that don't mean no thang to me!  I'm frum Kintuky.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
What's ass rippen ribeye? Is that some sort of gay slang for something you people use or do? :p

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
We have run the gauntlet of controversial topics this week. I would like to thank all for being civil :thumb:
Very interesting read indeed..... one I never thought I'd see here. The non-STMs don't know what they are missing. :confused:

I sure as heck hope it warms up soon so you guys can go ride...........a DIRTBIKE ! :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Wow, this thread has me sitting here blown away - some heavy stuff, all handled with respect. You guys are cool :thumb:

OK, my take on killing in self defense. My spirit(heart) says, if I have faith, I will put my trust in the lord. I on the other hand being man and mortal, would be tempted to take action. I have heard testimonials of people acting in faith, and being protected, that in one case, a guy was attacked by a gun wielding thug, the man rebuked him in the name of Jesus, the attacker then emptied his gun on the guy, having every shot miss from point blank range. One has to ask, how the Lord himself would handle such a situation. I know in my heart, that as a man, I could easily kill another person, the psychology of boot camp and military training has prepared me for the eventuality, so I know what I am capable of. I don't know if this makes the struggle of conscience any easier, or if it just adds to the torment.

I do know in my heart, that love, the love that was shown by Jesus Christ is what is required of me. To love my enemy, and to love my fellow man, the way Jesus did. I know that this love is not the touchy, feel good kind of love, but that of compassion, and servitude, of caring and understanding, of wisdom and righteousness. Tough love.

I have to ask the Lord for strength everyday to persevere, cause it is easier to hate. I like to fight, so I figure, it might as well be the good fight. :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
BB,

We fianally agree!

My friend, I also agree with Jbird.....I Agree with you too. But JB is more correct.....

I really hate agreeing more with one than the other.....You have an opinion that I don't agree with........

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Bird,

As much as you and I don't get along.

You and I voice the same upbringing.

You are not old enough to be my daddy...

You are old enough to be my brother......Something you will always be.........

Best of luck Jay!

Your Brother,

:thumb:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I had to stay away from this one but...
....I have to admit that everyone expressed their convictions well, and certainly showed respect even while in disagreement. Makes it easy to call all of you guys my brother.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by bscottr
I sure as heck hope it warms up soon so you guys can go ride...........a DIRTBIKE ! :)

That statement gets a big AMEN!

I'm actually going to race Arenacross this Sat. just so I can ride!  (I'm a tree guy, not a track guy :confused: )

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I've always found that dirt bike folks seem to have a certain inner wisdom. I think it's a combination of a love of nature and the love of power. Both are good things if used properly.
Oh, and there is also a hint of competitiveness in all of us too! :)

I think that our discussions have been quite healthy. We all have some food for thought. I think we just may be a lil bit better persons than we were yesturday.

Man, I can't wait for good weather!

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
ok, this will be nuked, but i'm johnny come lately and i'm gonna quote chapter and verse here....FM 20-33, chpt 1-3, page 1-1. Flame is a valuable close combat weapon that produces burns, oxygen depletion and psychological impact. Since man fears flame, it is used to demoralize troops and reduce posistions that have resisted other forms of attack. :aj: ba-leeve dat. end of sermon.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by sfc crash
ok, this will be nuked, but i'm johnny come lately and i'm gonna quote chapter and verse here....FM 20-33, chpt 1-3, page 1-1. Flame is a valuable close combat weapon that produces burns, oxygen depletion and psychological impact. Since man fears flame, it is used to demoralize troops and reduce posistions that have resisted other forms of attack. :aj: ba-leeve dat. end of sermon.
:flame: :) :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
WOW! I stepped away from this one for a few days to see where it went....... I AM MAJOR LEAGUE IMPRESSED!!!( In light of Zio's observation I am a little concerned about the next time Thump says come on over for some ribeyes though ;) )

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom