GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Hi guys,

I don't get around here much anymore but I wanted to drop in and say hello and let you guys know about this place if you don't already.

The first time I went was early last year and it was so-so. I want again a couple of weeks ago and it has really improved. The people who own it are nice and they encourage trailblazing. The owner is active in making new trails. The pics. don't do the place justice. Based on the topo map the owner gave me, there is about a 250 to 300 ft elevation change on the place. Various trails from dirt to a little bit of rocks to more rocks but still way, way less rocks than Barnwell. Anyway, if you get around to it, try it out.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
How does it compare to Talihina? By the way, good to see ya Darron.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Good to see you too Gene, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I didn't realize that anyone had posted a reply. It's similar in a lot of ways to Talihina. Some good ups and downs, some rocky trails and some good dirt trails. According to the odo, there are around 60 -70 or so miles of trails there now. The owners encourage trailblazing. Maybe when it cools off some of the guys could try it out. Like I said earlier, the pics on the website just don't do the place justice.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Hi guys, riding is on hold due to the cash flow and job hunting. The job situation is heating up but there is a good chance I need to change professions. It may take semiconductors a while longer to recover to the point where they start hiring again. I should land something shortly. I am getting more bites and now have 2 options.

Checking in on the riding situation. I already cleaned the cob webs off the bike and truck.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Talihina!!! I just rode there. Great trails and camping. Trail 9 was awesome. I think we took 4 (a, b, c) to 9 then hooked back into 4 and rode into a small town for lunch and gas.

Pine Mountain sounds like a nice place to go on a ride with my wife. The cabin rental option sounds great!

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
dead said:
Talihina!!! I just rode there. Great trails and camping. Trail 9 was awesome. I think we took 4 (a, b, c) to 9 then hooked back into 4 and rode into a small town for lunch and gas.

Pine Mountain sounds like a nice place to go on a ride with my wife. The cabin rental option sounds great!

Hey dude. Nice meeting and riding with you. Definitely some awesome stuff up that direction. That little town was Muse, and they love us there. :cool:

It sounds like a trip to pine mountain might be in order at some point.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

It was nice meeting you too! The Jim-a-dilo is going back this coming weekend. I was thinking about going again but may just head over to the Caney Creek enduro to work the pits with TRIC. (www.tricmc.org) My wife is out of town again this weekend so I've got to figure out what I'm gonna do with myself

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
My friend came in from California and I was going to take him riding there at Pine mountain trails but I fractured my knee a week before he got here . I let him and his cousin take both of my bikes and they went there . I been there 3 years ago with him they had a little bit of trails but he said this time they had alot more trails than last time . A 4 wheeler can go on all the trails . So the trails aren't tight but he said they are still fun . When my knee gets better I'll have to check them out . He said for somewhere close it worth going .

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom