lattytude

Jul 2, 2005
Coming from Arkansas to Santa Fe, NM next week with my son, and we hope to spend at least one day riding. I would appreciate some destinations and directions for both desert and/or mountain trails, and maybe even a really good motocross track that might have an open ride-day between July 10th and July 13th. Please help, if you have some ideas. Thanks.

pdbainum

N. Texas SP
Apr 3, 2004
Santa Fe rides

We spend a week each summer at a small area called upper La Junta. It is just outside Tres Ritos NM. There are several excellent trails and lots of great camping. Try trail 8 for a good but not imposible challenge and trails 12 and 13 are fun for the kids. I don't think it is more than 1.5 hours from Santa Fe on hwy 518.

lattytude

Jul 2, 2005
To pdbainum: Thanks for your response. We've never ridden west of Dallas, and then only on MX tracks. Lately we're hitting more trails than tracks. This is a rare opportunity for my son to see what desert and/or mountain-type trails are like. I appreciate any advice, tips directions, etc. you or anyone else out there can give. We're packing to go right now. Thanks again.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
For MX practice on the 9th, try http://www.sandiamx.com/ That's the closest track to Santa Fe that is open. For woods riding try the Jamez Mountians. Half way between Santa Fe and Albuquerque there's a lake called Cochiti, hit the only gas station in town and ask for directions to the Dixon Apple Orchird. It's about 3 or 4 miles out of town and has a parking area to unload. There's miles of trails all over the place if you ride east and north from there. If desert is your thing, and you don't mind driving to Albuquerque, hit Southern Blvd. in Rio Rancho. Take Southern west untill you can't drive anymore. Park, unload, and head west some more. There's endless trails there for the taking. If you want more spacific directions drop me a PM. And if you decide to go to Sandia for MX practice, let me know, I'll be there. Hope some of that helped, YZ165

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom