• June 26th & 27th

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Okay, I'm starting a new thread, so hopefully more people will read this one. What weekend for the ride in June?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
You forgot an option for any of those dates are good, which is what I would pick.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Only one vote? I assume that means all the choices work for everybody else?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I guess so! Well, I say lets schedule it the weekend of the one vote - since a couple others have voiced concern over being able to get away on Father's Day.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
I'm flexible.
RM_guy said:
Man, I can relate to that! I'm getting arthritis in my shoulders and it doesn't hurt much when riding but everything from swinging a hammer to reaching to the top shelf for a bag of chips makes me cringe.

Make up your mind old man :nener:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Alright I'm still going with Father's Day weekend for us - as we'll be in PA for 4th of July weekend, and two weeks in a row of driving down there doesn't sound fun.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
How about earlier in June? I'm still iffy on Daddy's Day. Maybe I can make it for a ride the day before the Day Of The Father.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
The first weekend in June could work for us, but I was going to try to run a 5k on the 5th.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Hey dave, I have always heard you refered to as a mother @*&!^, why are you so concerned about fathers day?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Okay I talked to Rooster and we are definitely going on Father's Day weekend. It works the best for us - hope to see other peeps there!

We can't get there until night time, so we're most likely going to stay in a hotel.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Is that Friday night you will get there I assume? Full day of riding Saturday, part day Sunday, as usual?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Yeah Dan - that's the plan! Any hotel recommendations?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Ramada

Days Inn

Those links should show the prices for rooms on fathers day weekend. And both of those motels are right off of Rte80, and only a 5 minute drive to Lost Trails.

There are others in the area also, if you want to search google maps or mapquest for motels, just use the town "Tannersville, Pa"

Let me know where you decide to stay, and I can give you quick directions to the park from the motel, since the directions on lost trails website bring you in from Rt380, and not Rt80

Last edited:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I would offer to let you stay at my place Friday night since you will be driving right past, but my mom is coming to visit from Maine for 2 weeks, and she is leaving the morning of the 19th I think. And I dont think you would appreciate sharing my spare bedroom with her.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
LOL Dan, well thanks for thinking of us anyway! :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
squeaky said:
Okay I talked to Rooster and we are definitely going on Father's Day weekend. It works the best for us - hope to see other peeps there!

We can't get there until night time, so we're most likely going to stay in a hotel.
That's cool. I can probably swing Saturday the 19th but not Sunday. I wasn't even thinking that you'd be here for 2 days...duh :bang: Saturday can be the "main" day of riding for those that can only make one day or the other--sound good?

Keith? Keith? You're coming, right? You owe me :debil: :p :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well silly Dave I'm not going to drive 4 hours just to go for one day! :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Dan how far is Stroudsburg from Lost Trails? The hotels there are $20 or so a night cheaper than the ones in Tannersville.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sam, it's only 15 minutes or so, maybe 20 but Dan knows a shortcut to get to Lost Trails when coming from that direction.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Oh good, I can book one of those then! Thanks!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Yeah, stroudsburg isn't far from the park, I didnt think they would be that much cheaper, since they arent too far apart. Its a very popular tourist area, and the hotels I listed are also very close to Camel Beach which would make the prices higher.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Well if I said yes, then you will probably spend the weekend there instead of riding, so...... umm... no :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom