MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Are we going to do a DRN get-together for the Pontiac SX? I'm arriving about 2pm, bringing my two boys. Does anyone know the stadium well enough to suggest a meeting point? What time?

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Luckily my riding buddy flies planes, we are definetly going to be in Pontiac for the SX!!! I'm totally pumped, both for the plane ride and the SX. I think meeting up with a bunch of DRN'ers would be killer. Hope to see you there!

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Mark, I'll be there later in the afternoon about 5:00pm. The wife has a baby shower for our sister in-law.

You may want to pick an enterance and meet their.

Give me a call on your next trip to GM, 810.494.0470. I too spend alot of time downtown, Pontiac and in Warren.

Rickshaw

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Rick, how about the West Entrance?

I was just at GM and Tower Automotive the last two days, missed your message. I'll call you next time I'm heading there, it will most likely be the week after next.

crb

Oct 14, 2001
First SuperCross

This is my first time attending supercross. What time should I be at the Silver Dome? Are we able to go down and see the pits and get autographs? Any info will help.

dmp437

Aug 1, 2001
Pits open at 12:30, as does the Silverdome for watching the practice runs. Most scheduled autograph sessions are in the early afternoon between 2-5 pm. You are only able to get in the pits by having a "pit pass". These are usually only available if you got your tickets from a local dealer, I don't think Ticketmaster gives them out.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I am coming with my son. I'm going to get tickets at our local dealer and hope he has pit passes. What time do the heats start?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
There is a practice in the afternoon, and some pre-qualifying races as well. The "real" qualifying heats start at 7pm.

Hope to see you there!

FYI, I got my KTM out for its first real test ride yesterday. After working on suspension settings, I'm awed at this bike! It makes my old WR feel like....well....let's just say not in the same league.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I'm coming with my 8-year old son around 6:30-7pm. Haven't picked up our tickets yet, but I believe that it's GA for the most part. Has anyone picked a place to meet yet?

- Bill

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
It's GA for most sections - there's a $30 gold seat option.

How about section 116? Here's a stadium map. It's on the southeast side.

Sorry Rick, I meant the east entrance before.

http://www.pacesupercross.com/images/track_and_seating/2002/02_pontiac13.jpg

Give me a count on who thinks this is OK, and will be looking for us. I'll be early enough to get some seats. A DRN sign would be nice! I'll try to remember to make one.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
OK by me

What time will you be there Mark, I'll help ya save seats.
FT

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Fred,
That'd be great! I'm planning on getting there about 2pm, but seat holding probably won't be necessary until 5'ish.

I'll PM my cell phone number for when you get there.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Sounds Good

I'll be there at 2:00 also. I want to make it a full day.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Is there a class for old spodes???

Maybe we should bring our bikes and wait until midnight to race in the Vet class :scream:

I'm working on a 5pm arrival and the East Entrance sounds good. The GA good seats fill up quick. If you can save a few more great, there are 5 of us, two 7 year olds and a few wannabees.

FredT & Mark, PM your cell numbers and let's try to sit together.

Rickshaw

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Rs,
By midnight all us old farts are sleeping! I sent you a PM. I've got your phone # as well from the card you sent me. Will you be using that cell?

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
My Dad, Tim, Brad Birgy, Chase and I are going down Early saturday morning. On Sunday we are going to Portland to practice at the Harescamble track for a while.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
WOW!

That was some great racing. Good to see ya all at the SX. Mark, thanks for those sodas, I owe you a cool one after the next time we ride. Looking forward to riding with you soon. Let me know what's up on the 20th.
FT

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Good to see you, Fred! The Pontiac race lived up to its 13th number in the series for the 125 and 250 front-runners, that's for sure! I couldn't believe how close the top 6 riders were in each of the mains, especially the 250 race.

Good to you Rickshaw and Jeff Allen as well.

By the way, not surprisingly, my coat smelled heavily of beer, thanks to the "jolly guys" sitting next to us!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I got there around 5:30pm, and couldn't believe how packed section 116 was already. Since I don't know what any of you guys look like, I was scanning the crowd for any DRN shirts, but didn't see any.

Either way we found some great seats about 6 rows up from the apex of the first turn. What an incredible 250 Main! It really shows you how fast RC really is. After a crash like that, most of us would be on the sidelines trying to shake it off. It was wild watching him get up after the crash, turn around, and dodging all the riders whizzing past him. Watching RC go from #18 to #2, picking off riders systematically was impressive. I think that if there would have been another 1 or 2 laps, he would of had the win. Exciting stuff!

PS: Next time I'm parking right next to the exit and walking. Spent an hour in the parking lot trying to get out...

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Mark & Fred, thanks OLD buddies for savin the seats! Spectacular position to see RC's get off!

I think his career may be short lived with those types of crashes. Can't remember MC or RJ having ones like that.

Great racin, probably one of the best 125 & 250 main's I've seen since 77'

Rickshaw

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Rick, I'm glad you could join us. It was great meeting your friend and the boys.

Smit-Dog, I think you were right near us based on your description. We were in 116A or 115B, about 10 rows up from the first turn! It was really tough to find anyone, we happened to have connected via cell phones. I think next year we need to find a meeting place for a late lunch or early dinner, then go to the stadium together.

My son and his friends ended up in section 118. We wouldn't have had enough seats anyway - there was 9 of them!

Next year we'll also have to wear beer-proof parkas!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom