Status
Not open for further replies.

jlgedge03

Oct 11, 2003
i just had a top end job done on my bike and the guy said i need to run it half throttle for about 6 hrs. what ratio would you all recommend for my cr250 (i have it at 50:1 now)

elf

Jun 7, 2003
6 hours? my modded 125 needs a new ring after 6 hours. you can run your bike at 50 to 1 just ride around slow for about 15 minutes, stop let your bike cool down. then ride for another 15 and open your throtle wide open for short periods. let your bike cool down again. then its ready to race.

jlgedge03

Oct 11, 2003
lol thanks but all this i read about 50:1 being dangerous i went ahead and added the extra oz of oil into my little handy dandy premix cup and put it into the remainder of fuel i had in my gas can, shook it up and put it in my bike (i just filled the thing up today and rode it around for about 10 min at 50:1 before making this decision) will she be alright doc? lol

jlgedge03

Oct 11, 2003
i mean this thing got new piston kit, gaskets a new stud somewhere.....and sublet cylinder repair and replate........(sorry if I sound stupid im new) just reading off the mechanics reciept so will it be ok?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Yes it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom