velocifero

Jul 23, 2015
I have a PW50 that wont start at all and here is what was changed in order marked with a *... all OEM except noted
* full FMF fatty exhaust (aftermarket)
* new float gasket
* new throttle cable
* brand new top end... (aftermarket)
* new plug
WENT RIDING (worked perfectly and then the rings broke on second ride (found out later).. never started again. Just died while riding) should note that the bike was kicked so many times by several different people
CLEANED OUT EVERYTHING. Oil bad, found missing parts of rings in header pipe and right side engine
* another brand new top end (aftermarket)
NO START (compression 110)
NO SPARK (magneto out of range)
* new plug
* new CDI magneto (aftermarket)
* new CDI unit (aftermarket)
* new ignition coil (aftermarket)
* new start switch (UNKNOWN IF OEM,bought by someone else who broke it previously)
VERY HARD TO START able to start up 3-4x that day
ROUGH IDLE
- plug dry, checked carb, reeds, fuel filter. cleaned out gas tank and new gas
STARTED UP AGAIN AFTER I TOOK THE HEADER PIPE OFF. put back on without silencer and started up (still hard start)
then KICKER LOCKED UP
Checked right side engine
KICKER WELDING CRACKED (someone else screwed up these parts "trying to help" )
******* meanwhile waiting for parts to get in, tested all new parts and wiring. checked out ok*********
* new kicker
* new kick pinion and clip
* new spring return
* new reed and both gaskets
* new carb
* new plug (last spare)
this is where I'm at right now..
NO START, I haven't kicked the hell out of it to get it to start. It only took a couple kicks before and after I replaced the FIRST top end.
GOOD SPARK
NEW PLUG (getting wet still no start)
just tested start switch and according to wiring diagram its not the right one?? but it started at least once before???
Tested control and its way out of range..
will be calling local Yamaha dealership today to see if they have a new one
WOULDNT THIS THING START IF ALL THE MECHANICAL PARTS ARE WORKING CORRECTLY?
IM GETTING GAS TO THE PLUG AND STILL NO START? :BANG:

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
a weak ignition system will show a spark with the plug outside of the combustion chamber but little or no spark within it. That is because as pressure is raised the plug needs more voltage to make a spark.
Also a wet plug doesn't mean that the fuel/air ratio is right.
Get it running and then with someone controlling the throttle (while in neutral) adjust the idle air screw. If it wants too many turns then the idle jet needs to be leaner, and vice reversa.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom