handywork

Sep 5, 2005
Hey guys,
I have a query about the carbs used on CT Hondas (70,90,110).My daughters have an XR 70 and the manifold and carb are stock and seem too be a bit restrictive,choke or throat size not jets.Does anybody know what size the Keihin is on a CT110 and what inlet size the have on the manifold? I think the carb could be a 22mm but I am not sure.If so can anybody tell me or is anyone using that size on a similar bike and what size jets are you running?
I have fitted a better pipe and muffler and now have to fit a replacement carb,but funds are the problem.I need a carb and manifold.I am able to resource trailer loads of CT parts if needed as they are the the most popular and the most produced bike ever and can aquire these things for next to nothing in any quantity.Can anyone direct me to a site that would help with tech data?
Thanks.

wayfastwilly

Dec 29, 2005
22mm 2 big

my 6 yr old races a crf 50 copy in the beginner 50 class, and it came stock with a 70 cc engine. It came with a 18 mm carb and 7/8 in. pipe and was sluggish, not slow but sluggish. I put in a trail bikes 88 cc kit and it rocks now. They recomend a 18 mm carb with a 88kit. I would probably try to find a 16mm. You should measure the 110s carb though, 22 mm sounds big for a stock 110cc. :)

handywork

Sep 5, 2005
UPDATE:I just put a decent unifilter pod on it and there was a definate power and acceleration gain of at least 10% or more but is still not as snappy as I want it,I am going in with a die grinder on the manifold next to open it up a little but mainly to match the ports as there is a decent lip I noticed when I looked and I`ll see how much gain I can get there as it`s the cheapest option and will confirm my suspicions about the carb choke area being to small or restrictive as the.The carb that`s on this thing is way narrower(slide is around the diameter of an AA battery) than the mikuni`s that were on early XR75,I sussed out a new CRF 70 and dig the carb setup on them (except the crappy filter),they must pull a whole lot more than my kids bike.But a new CRF carb would be out of the question on my budget lately and there are cheaper options to extract power,but I definately need a carb upgrade in the end no matter what work I do

Top Bottom