Quick Spark Arrestor/Silencer Questions?

Wallydog

May 14, 2002
I just bought a 2000 KDX 220 so this is all new to me. Great forum reading. My bike came with a Pro Circuit pipe and Factory 304 silencer. I need a spark arrestor so I was trading my PC silencer for a strocker. A friend just told me I was nuts to trade a lighter and more free flowing silencer for a stock one. He thinks I can get a approved spark arrestor insert from PC. I e-mailed them but their mail is full so no answer. Does anyone know if this is possible? I need to do this ASAP as I am going riding in Oregon shortly and they require spark arrestors. Any input on the stock arrestors? Help would be appreciated.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
You Can attach a spark arrestor to any silencer but it may not be "legal" The spark arrestor police now have a manual listing all of the "legal" models. Cobra used to have a clamp on screen type arrestor in several shapes. Just make sure that the unit that you add has the Forest Service seal of approval. The fine can be up to $5000.00 These clowns would just love to get one of us.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Both FMF & Pro Circuit sell complete silencer spark arrestors. The stock spark arrestor can often be found cheaply on ebay. Performance-wise, the stock arrestor is not bad. It's just heavy.

Top Bottom