Russ

Jan 17, 2001
I purchased the 280 kit from Summers and am ready to put everything back together. When I purchased the kit, Wade asked me if I needed the proper jets too. I asked him if I needed different ones other than stock and he said yes. Anyway, I already had a 45/132 in the bike and he sent me a 45/130 combination. Is this right? I just assumed that I would need larger jets, not smaller ones. Do you actually go smaller on the main when going with the 280 kit? The rest of the bike is stock other than I removed the baffle and the air box snorkle.

My other question is about the metal cylinder head COVER gasket (valve cover). The manual says that the Honda gasket has a sealing bead around it, but I bought a Vesrah gasket intead because I could get it locally. It does NOT have any sealer on it. I have Yamabond, Permatex, you name it, but I really don't want to use this stuff if I don't have to. Will the new Vesrah gasket make a good seal without the use of gasket sealer? The mating surfaces are perfect by the way.

Thanks!
Russ

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom